Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
satyyy.
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What other alarms have the option of having tilt sensors and glass break sensors installed? I know the Python 991 is.. and I already have the model numbers of the sensors that can be used i think- 507m for the tilt, 506t for the glass breakage..

sorry im a noob when it comes to security :) i was thinking of getting the python 991 with the tilt sensor and glass breakage sensor and the backup battery.. but was wondering if i have any other options..

also.. does the python keep track of cabin temperature?

·
satyyy.
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already purchased them .. i just have to decide which alarm i wanna go with.. i like the python 991 and the clifford 50.7 x but i dont really care for the remote starters.. i just need some good security.. i just want to make sure i get one that will work with all the accessories i already bought - tilt sensor, glass breakage sensor, piezo siren, backup battery & sensor. if anybody can give me a few suggestions.. that'd be great. :thumbsup:

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Pretty much any DEI add on will work with their alarms (Viper, Python, Clifford, Hornet), just a matter of adding them in. Convenience options like a window role up/down module depend on if you have enough extra channels on the unit available to use them it is one channel per device in most cases

·
satyyy.
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty much any DEI add on will work with their alarms (Viper, Python, Clifford, Hornet), just a matter of adding them in. Convenience options like a window role up/down module depend on if you have enough extra channels on the unit available to use them it is one channel per device in most cases
All the add ons I got are DEI, but I am wondering which alarm I should go with.. I'm really just looking for security.. I don't care for the remote starter as I said above.. I took a quick look at some of their specs and most of them have 4 channels available.. Is that enough?

- Tilt Sensor (507T)
- Glass Breakage Sensor (506T)
- Mini Piezo Siren (513T)
- Revenger Siren (515R)
- Backup Battery & Siren (520T)

I decided to pass on some of the extras. There was something that you could program voices and messages? Looked like something the cops you use.. And there was a motion sensor that is good for convertibles or when you leave your windows open.. And I saw another one that rolls up and down your windows for you.. All that seemed kinda unnecessary to me though.. So I'm basically sticking to the 5 I already listed. Is there any other type of add on I should look into?

·
satyyy.
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Phyton 991 and the Clifford 50.7x you listed are the same exact alarm.
I know.. and there's probably a Viper that is the same also.. but for some reason I can find the Clifford for cheaper. :dontknow: And the remotes look a little different?

·
satyyy.
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump.

so anybody kno of any other alarms i could use? preferably cheaper than the 991 python or 50.7x clifford.. dont need the remote starter

·
Registered
857 Posts
i have the clifford ... glass break / tilt and / prox (when windos is down ) is tied into input "sensor two" (the bad thing about the 991 / 50.7 it only alow one extar sensor input) sensor one is impact . or if you dont use hood or trunk pin then you can tie the other extra senosr to it.

if you add more than one sensor to this input (dio isolate and dont not ground to same ground wire as the other sensor it will false) i learn the hard way

you can add the windows module .. i have that on mine pretty cool to roll window and crack it and sun roof too... you will need two modules

back up siren / and gps tack module (i dont have this) too?

other than that you got top knotch alarm ... and if a thief realy want it , it gone... no alarm will save it

·
99 probsand no stolen car
145 Posts
bump.

so anybody kno of any other alarms i could use? preferably cheaper than the 991 python or 50.7x clifford.. dont need the remote starter
Stick with the units above or the older clifford 50.5x if you can find one. These units are sst one mile range. Its day and night between the responder range units vs the responder sst units. If you plan out your system well you can prevent a theif from driving away with your car. And if they tow it and you have a well installed gps. Recoving the car in minutes instead of stripped. Install is the key to determind if your car is there were you left it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts