Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up clubrsx! This has probably been covered before but will I see any significant gains going from z1 cams to 06-08 TSX cams? Will it be worth to switch over to these cams?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
23 Posts
From what i read 06 07 08 tsx cams doo add like 15 20 hp and keep the engine more reliable than an aftetmarket cam setup. Theres a dude w a 20 minute video talking about this and other stuff on youtube when i get off work ill link it. Im not the most knowledgeable but i think im going to do tsx cams after intake manifold and throttle body upgrades and im out of bolt ons to do

As far as why they keep it more reliable Idk he was saying something like k series is know for reliability and using tsx cams wont bring you away from that reliability like aftermarket cams would

Feel like im gonna get flamed if it soubds like idfk what im talking about its because i dont i just research shit and figure it out as i go..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what i read 06 07 08 tsx cams doo add like 15 20 hp and keep the engine more reliable than an aftetmarket cam setup. Theres a dude w a 20 minute video talking about this and other stuff on youtube when i get off work ill link it. Im not the most knowledgeable but i think im going to do tsx cams after intake manifold and throttle body upgrades and im out of bolt ons to do

As far as why they keep it more reliable Idk he was saying something like k series is know for reliability and using tsx cams wont bring you away from that reliability like aftermarket cams would

Feel like im gonna get flamed if it soubds like idfk what im talking about its because i dont i just research shit and figure it out as i go..
Thanks for the input. I think the video you're talking about is the Evan's tuning k-series checklist. It's could be a good source since he's been in the industry tuning and has the experience and knowledge.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't found Dyno comparisions between the two. Anyone out there can provide sheets? Any input/thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
841 Posts
i never believed what everybody said that z1 cams are the same as R cams. What can i tell you is A2 vs K2A2 Cams i did the swap and the car feels stronger.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Back from the dead...

06-08 TSX intake and exhaust cams a great add. The 04 TSX exhaust cam is the same as 06-08's.

K20z1 cams are extremely close to PRC cams, different part number, and very hard to claim that much difference. When compaired to 06 tsx cam, the lift is larger but the PRC/Z1 has better duration suiting top end better.

These are my findings from the Honda scene I know around here in southeast VA

·
Registered
285 Posts

15-20 wow!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts