Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Aspiring Race Car Driver
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at replacing the rear quarter panel on my RSX. It has a big rust hole on the bottom, rust spot above wheel well, and pretty good sized dent at the corner where tail light is. If it was just one of these things I'd attempt fixing/patching the control panel, but at this point I think it's just better to remove and replace the whole thing.

I've never done quarter panel replacement, but after watching several videos I have a pretty good idea of what's involved.

My question for anyone who has done this on RSX specifically: how is the panel joined on top, by the roof? Are there spot welds or is it just epoxied? Any other tips?

Thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm looking at replacing the rear quarter panel on my RSX. It has a big rust hole on the bottom, rust spot above wheel well, and pretty good sized dent at the corner where tail light is. If it was just one of these things I'd attempt fixing/patching the control panel, but at this point I think it's just better to remove and replace the whole thing.

I've never done quarter panel replacement, but after watching several videos I have a pretty good idea of what's involved.

My question for anyone who has done this on RSX specifically: how is the panel joined on top, by the roof? Are there spot welds or is it just epoxied? Any other tips?

Thanks.
Ive never done this, but just out of curiousity, have you removed the rubber trim on the roof and looked under? Seems to me, they would spot weld it under there and seam sealer it.

·
Aspiring Race Car Driver
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not removed the rubber trim, but if there are any spot welds they'd be covered in seam sealer. Just don't want to start removing seam sealer yet until I have the replacement panel.

My plan is to go check out a local salvage yard this weekend, they supposedly have a base RSX, and start cutting. The reason I ask about how it's joined to the roof is so I know what cutting tool to buy in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts