Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Down with the Sickness!!
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got tein S tech springs and wanted to pair them with aftermarket shocks but apparently people have to hack their front OEM struts to use the front konis :noes: ... are there any other shocks available for the RSX? Can I only install the rear Konis and keep the front stock shocks without compromising other suspension components?

PS: I know full-coilovers are the best option but my DC5 is just my weekend car and I rather spend the money on other parts

Thanks for the help.

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
Inserts are very common in the automotive world and installing the fronts is not nearly as hard as it seems.

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
Teins may be a little low for Konies, your not supposed to drop them over 1.5 inches and tein is 1.4 in the front and 1.7 in the rear.

·
Down with the Sickness!!
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Teins may be a little low for Konies, your not supposed to drop them over 1.5 inches and tein is 1.4 in the front and 1.7 in the rear.
yeah I've heard the specs but at least it will be better that what I have now which is comptechs in the front and cut OEMS in the back. I guess the last owner didnt have enough money for a decent set of springs:shakehead. It's bumpy as hell!!! by the way I already got my wicked tunning camer kit

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
yeah I've heard the specs but at least it will be better that what I have now which is comptechs in the front and cut OEMS in the back. I guess the last owner didnt have enough money for a decent set of springs:shakehead. It's bumpy as hell!!! by the way I already got my wicked tunning camer kit
Lol oh boy... @ previous owner... :shakehead

1 - 8 of 8 Posts