Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed this last week and I have the infamous exhaust noise while wot shifting and high rpm decel, I knew this would happen but my question is will buying a torque damper eliminate this issue and the risk of cracking the header / damaging the flex section. And yes I did search but all I seem to find is esmm inserts will stop this but I'd rather pay more for an easier install if it will stop the exhaust from hitting the chasis.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cliff notes= will a torque damper stop my exhaust from hitting the chasis of the vehicle?

·
Tennis Physicist.
7,446 Posts
Yeah, a lot of guys have said that the Torque Damper didn't really do much for them.
I have the ESMM inserts and at first the vibrations are whack but give it a week and you get used to it. Also, it makes the car feel a lot more firm and smooth when shifting when WOT.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i will take your guys word for it and buy the inserts , and one more question. I have access to a lift so i was wondering if I can do the inserts in the air or do I need to support the motor with a jack of some sort?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for link bro

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
just spend a little more and get real mounts!!!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
damn i just read the install and it mentions with the stock header I need to remove the dp section of it , will i need to completely remove the dc race header in order to install these?

·
DC5 Krew
2,827 Posts
search button is a magical tool

·
coksukermotherfukertits
4,722 Posts
damn i just read the install and it mentions with the stock header I need to remove the dp section of it , will i need to completely remove the dc race header in order to install these?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you have to remove the header or even the sub frame to install the inserts.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you have to remove the header or even the sub frame to install the inserts.
When I installed my esmm's I didn't have to lower the subframe at all. Now in retrospect after replacing them with Innovatives I probably should have as it would have been easier.

I think the rear mount might be in the way with the header there.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I installed my esmm's I didn't have to lower the subframe at all. Now in retrospect after replacing them with Innovatives I probably should have as it would have been easier.

I think the rear mount might be in the way with the header there.
man that sucks to hear , i really didnt wanna remove it again but at least it will be easier than removing the stock exhaust manifold

·
Registered
480 Posts
you don't have to remove it. It'll be easier of course but you could always loosen all the bolts and move it a little to give you some slack.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts