Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got an oil change at the local shop last sat. Since the oil change, it start leaking oil on the passenger side. I took a look, and i assume that the oil filter wasn't tight enough. So i went back to the shop the next day have them tigthen the filter some more. I waited a couple days, there are still some leakage :thumbsdow but less than before(puddle is about the size of a handball). I searched that it could be the hose above the filter or something else other than the filter. I am unsure if this has an effect. I filled the car with 5 quart of oil, a little bit over recommended by the manual. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
i dont know if you have ever changed your oil before but basically when you replace the oil filter it gets everywhere an is practically impossible too clean up. its probably residue. just continue to check your oil level.

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
:iamwiths: or try cleaning your engine bay real good, then trying to source the leak, if its an actual one or just residual from the oil change

·
i eat f00d
5,890 Posts
this is RANDOM cause it happened to my buddys accord..

the o-ring for the oil filter from the OLD filter somehow got stuck on the engine. so when he installed the new filter the old o-ring prevented the new one from making a good seal..

again you should do as others have suggested and check for the source of the leak..

but this is just something i have seen happen.

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts