Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is for those who have or have had the jrsc race version. I was curious to see if you upgraded the fuel rail to something like the AEM fuel rail. What other parts will I need to maximize perfomance from the JRSC? Thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
I would say thats a wste of money...it really just looks cool. Even on Cybernations Stage 2 set-up they still use the stock fuel rail. Thats got to say something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok well i was just curious to see if it was needed....anything else i need to buy before install of the race version?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
AEM CAI, race header, and 2.5 in exhaust....to acheive the most power
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
scottatyamaha, Is there a specific exhaust you would recommend? I am getting the JRSC Street version installed tomorrow and at the same time I am switching from an Injen SRI to an Injen CAI. But I have the Magnaflow Cat back exhaust. It is 2.25" but I know through the muffler it goes down to like 1 inch. I also have not made up my mind about a header. I was thinking about going with a DC Sports shorty header. I thought it would be better than nothing. After laying out all this money for the JRSC and CAI, I can not afford a race header. Any advice you have would be great. Thanks
 

·
...
Joined
·
6,734 Posts
Go with Thermal.

They just introduced their 3inch turbo system. I like it very much. Much improved over a 2.25inch system. And yes, the exhaust makes a big difference.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
1,224 Posts
marcs23 said:
scottatyamaha, Is there a specific exhaust you would recommend? I am getting the JRSC Street version installed tomorrow and at the same time I am switching from an Injen SRI to an Injen CAI. But I have the Magnaflow Cat back exhaust. It is 2.25" but I know through the muffler it goes down to like 1 inch. I also have not made up my mind about a header. I was thinking about going with a DC Sports shorty header. I thought it would be better than nothing. After laying out all this money for the JRSC and CAI, I can not afford a race header. Any advice you have would be great. Thanks
I tested this exhaust to make 20-25 hp less than a stock exhaust above 7000 rpm. Ask WDsonny and look at his posts. Dont waste your money on headers until you can get a proper one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
Thanks. I noticied that in the clubrsx store it says that the thermal will not connect to a stock Cat. So that means I would have to use a High-flow Cat like the Carsound? Is there another exhaust that you would recommend besides the thermal where I would not have to change the Cat? I probally will change the cat in the future when I get the JC Racing header, but right now money is tight after buying the JRSC but I do want to change the exhaust right away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
I agree with Hondata....dont waste the money on a DC header. I had one on when I installed myJRSC and it was a a bottle neck as soon as I installed the JR Race Header it made a world of difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,992 Posts
marcs23 said:
Thanks. I noticied that in the clubrsx store it says that the thermal will not connect to a stock Cat. So that means I would have to use a High-flow Cat like the Carsound? Is there another exhaust that you would recommend besides the thermal where I would not have to change the Cat? I probally will change the cat in the future when I get the JC Racing header, but right now money is tight after buying the JRSC but I do want to change the exhaust right away.

Wait until next week when I install my Thermal exhaust. I was told that it will bolt to the stock cat on our cars, I believe Chris just used the standard description from Thermal to caver his butt until someone(ME) installs one. WDSonny had his installed by Thermal, I will do my own install.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,249 Posts
scottatyamaha said:
I agree with Hondata....dont waste the money on a DC header. I had one on when I installed myJRSC and it was a a bottle neck as soon as I installed the JR Race Header it made a world of difference.
Just want to say that I installed the DC shorty header with carsound cat welded and the performance gain wasn't "WOW" as hondata / cai was. I'm planning on getting a JR race header down the road.
 

·
...
Joined
·
1,232 Posts
:beerchug:
The 9 said:
ok well i was just curious to see if it was needed....anything else i need to buy before install of the race version?
alright! i wanna ride if you get it installed :beerchug:
 

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
Joined
·
1,495 Posts
I saw the pics of the new thermal, it looks nice. BUT....looks don't mean much. What kind of power do you think it opened up for the SC? What does it sound like? I suppose my dreams of a SC'er with a header still being quiet are just that....dreams?
 

·
...
Joined
·
6,734 Posts
What kind of power did it open up since I still have the stock header and cat? Well, since all dyno's are different, I once pulled a 206WHP on one dynojet then after the new exhaust I pulled 229WHP. On the Nology PDA-Dyno, I was pulling on average 210WHP now I am pulling 240WHP average. Those averages were about 4 runs each and then averaged out. Did two runs in either direction to compensate for wind conditions. The Thermal system is really quite at idle. Some noise at speed, but really screams (but sounds nice) at WOT.

Sacrifice said:
I saw the pics of the new thermal, it looks nice. BUT....looks don't mean much. What kind of power do you think it opened up for the SC? What does it sound like? I suppose my dreams of a SC'er with a header still being quiet are just that....dreams?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top