Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. my front lip's paint has chipped off (i'm assuming it's from rocks)... the paint is peeling, so i cut off the chip to prevent it from spreading. well my question is, when i look at the chip, the bottom is just black. isn't the primer supposed to be gray/white? or are there different colors? i also looked at the lip where the paint has chipped off, and the abs plastic (i have the greddy lip, btw) is glossy black. wasn't it supposed to be sanded? i'm just wondering because i wanna make sure i wasn't screwed with a shitty paint job, and i don't know much about the painting process. my lip has been painted since about september, so it's not a new paintjob or anything... thanks for any help.

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
The black you're probably seeing is the plastic, but primers can be any color. I've sprayed primers that look like the basecoat of a car like metallic silver.

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
They probably just sprayed right over the lip kit. That happened to my buddies car and the paint started peeling off. We took it to the car wash with a pressure warsher, and the paint sprayed right off with the pressure of the water.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my problem sounds just like what happened to your friend, dave... the paint is peeling and is getting bigger each day... i'll bring my car back to get redone as soon as i get the chance... these bastards better do it right this time and not charge me extra... any other ideas or inputs?

·
Registered
187 Posts
they probably didnt sand down the lip so its not going to stick. the black primer is the sealer they put on cause you dont really need primer on the lip. primers mostly for fiberglass and when bondos on the car. i would just complain that they didnt sand down the lip and make a big deal about it and just get them to repaint it for you.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks. anyone else have any ideas? i will be going to him to complain, but i wanna have more info... i wanna have an argument so strong, that he won't be able to say no or charge me extra...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts