Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Fellas,

I have a 05 Type S with 40k on it..Im trying to sell it for a reasonable price about 16,500...I owe about 19,700...Now if I sell it and have a balance of 3,200 can the person that purchased the car from me insure the car in there name...or does it still have to be in my name until i pay off the 3,200.

Now if I do sell it..They would have the car and I'd just have to pay it off..would i give the buyer my copy of the registration and everything?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm pretty sure you'd have to pay the 3,200 dollars off since you still owe 19,700 for it.
not too sure about your second question but mostly likely you would have to since the car would belong to the person who buys it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
with a lein on the vehicle it can't be titled to another person till that is paid off by the person holding the loan....in short you need to find that extra money.
either that or sell it for 19,500:ugh:

·
Registered
579 Posts
with a lein on the vehicle it can't be titled to another person till that is paid off by the person holding the loan....in short you need to find that extra money.
That is pretty much it. Also, when you sell the car, of course the buyer is going to want the title and lien release ASAP so they can title and drive the car. So it is not like you can sell it, and take a couple of months to get the extra cash.

The best bet would be to just call your lender and see how best *they* want you to take care of it.

·
FDA Approved
668 Posts
Wow, that's not reasonable to you. You're gonna loose a lot if you sell that low. Try selling it for at least $18k. I sold my 2003 base last December for $15k with 80k miles on it.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Alright Fellas,

I have a 05 Type S with 40k on it..Im trying to sell it for a reasonable price about 16,500...I owe about 19,700...Now if I sell it and have a balance of 3,200 can the person that purchased the car from me insure the car in there name...or does it still have to be in my name until i pay off the 3,200.

Now if I do sell it..They would have the car and I'd just have to pay it off..would i give the buyer my copy of the registration and everything?
Your bank will not give up the title until they receive the full 19,700. They dont give a shit where it comes from. so yes, you will HAVE to pay the differance.

NO, you do not give them your registratio info, infact you need to take your license plates off the car and ,keept them. This will insure that the new owner registers it properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.