Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently felt a shiftknob my freind got in his Integ, and that shit feels cheap. i mean, its all light and nasty feeling. I want the heavy feel. Is the heavy one aluminum, steal, metal? I dont want that cheap feeling one. I mean, i put my hands on it, and that thing felt like crap. Which is the heavy one?

·
*pip pip pip
2,399 Posts
For which car are talking about? I have no idea on the optional shift knobs from Acura for the GS-R. If you're talking about the RSX we have an optional brushed aluminum which is fairly heavy and looks great.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have the JDM Type R knob

and it feels much better compared to the stock knob. It's heavier and has a nicer feel to it when you shift.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does the stock knob just twist off, counterclockwise? How 'bout the plastic ring below the knob? Does it come along withe knob itself?

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
Runner, grab the silver colar and pull it down from the knob. It will pop off, and pop back on. When you pop it off, twist the knob counter clock wise. I personlay have the DC Sports shift knob, i like it, has a good weight, and looks good. I have the smoked anodized one.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
megera said:
I have the JDM Type R knob

and it feels much better compared to the stock knob. It's heavier and has a nicer feel to it when you shift.
what is the Type R knob made of? and is it heavier than the optional OEM one? i want something thats heavy and feels good. Not light and cheap like some of the knock off i felt.

·
Registered
767 Posts
pnoiboldstar said:
what is the Type R knob made of? and is it heavier than the optional OEM one? i want something thats heavy and feels good. Not light and cheap like some of the knock off i felt.
Aluminum I believe. If you get it, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It is aluminum. It feels pretty good. I like mine. Especially in the summer time when your car sits out in the heat all day and you have to do quick shifts with your finger tips so you don't barbeque you finger tips.

Does anybody have the MUZ knob from the store here? If so is it sort of heavy? I am curious about the more sunken threads for a wee bit shorter through.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Shift Knob

I bought a sparco race knob for my car. It feels a lot better than the cheap plastic one that came with my car. It fits perfectly with the JDM shift boot. I didn't really like the color of it though, I got the red and it was a little too "clown noseish" for me so I painted it an almost candy apple red anodized finish, looks sweet now and goes with the interior scheme.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts