Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would I need some kind of Fuel Pressor Regulator with this pump? Im running lean on 9 psi and need something to give me more fuel...

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
I would think that the pump would be ok...a FPR, I'd maybe put that on the return line going into the tank, if you have one. I don't know if the Greddy kit has a return line or not, but I'd think that putting the FPR on the return line would allow you to hold the correct pressure in the fuel rail. Hope this helps

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would the stock FPR be able to work with the new pump?

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
the stone one is just a surge damper...so I'd think the answer would be no..I'd get an aftermarket FPR.

As I gather, that if the pressure inside the fuel rail gets too high, the stock one would just vent pressure into the engine bay, hence that little hole...

I'm gonna try to keep this topic bumped if no one else chimes in. I wanna help you, but I'm regarding myself as a noob still on turbos :)

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason im asking about the walbro pump is because my car is apparently running lean(12:1-13:1) on 9 psi.....Granted the weather didnt help my situation(30 degrees out with a huge fan blowing straight on the intercooler), but I still need more fuel....I figured going with a Walbro pump would solve my problem.....Wouldnt the greddy emanage regulate fuel?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
have you upgraded injectors? or are you on the 440s still

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
440s

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW, anyone know where the fuel filter is located? Also how would I check fuel pressure?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The fuel filter is in the tank....you must remove the back seat and take out the fuel pump assembly the fuel filter will be located on that. IT is alot easier than it sounds.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the walbro pump an inline pump where u put it in the fuel line under the car?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts