Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If I buy the new Roady XM receiver will it fit on the mounting bracket I have with my older model Roadyand can I use the same antenna? In other words, can I simply upgrade the receiver without upgrading anything else?

Also, has anyone mounted their receiver on top of the dash? I've seen some cars that have it and it looked pretty sweet.

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
This doesn't really answer your question, but i'd honestly suggest High Def radio. It's the same as Satellite radio... only

pro's:
-crystal clear reception more of the time than satellite radio
-free
-in dash install (no clingys)
-one time payment (to buy the actual radio)
-still get regular radio stations

con's:
-kind of pricey (the one time you have to spend money)
-not that many stations yet*

*Just wait a little while, and more stations will come out. It'll take a little while, just like satellite radio did. There weren't many stations on satellite radio when it first came out.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
This doesn't really answer your question, but i'd honestly suggest High Def radio. It's the same as Satellite radio... only

pro's:
-crystal clear reception more of the time than satellite radio
-free
-in dash install (no clingys)
-one time payment (to buy the actual radio)
-still get regular radio stations

con's:
-kind of pricey (the one time you have to spend money)
-not that many stations yet*

*Just wait a little while, and more stations will come out. It'll take a little while, just like satellite radio did. There weren't many stations on satellite radio when it first came out.
to add

con's
-Commercials
-Same crappy radio stations, just more clear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.