Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to order zaino products i got good paint still its a 2002 rsx-s (Nbp) which shows swirls and scratches all the time. Will zaino help? im thinking about getting z-1, z-2 and z-5, should i get the clay is it needed? and After i use Z-1 it says that no wipe off should i put on Z-2 or Z-5 next ? and from that do i wipe or just apply the other one over? thanks

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
dont get z2 and z5, get one or the other. i think there is a new z5 formula that is supposed to be really good. claybar is always good to have. i think if you use zfx (flash cure) with z5, you dont need to buy z1. so now your detail process is wash with dawn dish wash soap, claybar (if there are still surface contaminants), wash with z7, then z5 mixed with zfx flash cure.

so new shopping list is....

zfx
z5
claybar
z7 wash

Homer2 or other zaino experts feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think Z-2 is shinnier. I usually put on 2 coats of Z-5 first, then I put on 2 coat of Z-2 on top of that. I guess that would protect the coat of Z-5.

Maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
i would email sal zaino and ask him. i contacted him a while ago and he answered all my same questions, but i forget which was different.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
I can't speak for Zaino, but as far as the claybar goes...you'll only really need to use it if you find that your paint surface isn't as smooth as it once was. It's a soft piece of "clay" which is a bit sticky and almost has a silly putty consistency. Use it with a detail spray (Mother's comes with the whole kit and kaboodle) and it will lift off any surface contaminants. It worked great to remove some rail dust as well as a lot of tar overspray from when the guys were repaving around my car.

·
Geek triathalon winner
54 Posts
As it was explained to me, you either use Z1 or zfx, but not both, and the most noteworthy distinction is that Z1 is maybe a bit better, but zfx doesn't require a 24-hour wait. You either use Z2 or Z5 but you don't need both (although you can), and Z5 tends to be for darker-color cars or cars with paint swirls.

I have a DS RSX, and I just used Z1/Z2, and it worked great. I did use the claybar, even though the car is brand new, and it still picked up a lot of crap.

So the process is
- wash the car normally (stripping pre-existing wax, if necessary)
- claybar the car
- apply Z1 or zfx
- apply Z2 or Z5 (with whatever the wait is)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright thanks i wanna use both z2 and z5 so
1st wash
2nd z1 (do not take off)
3rd z2or z5 (i want to use both)
so from that z2 or z5 do i wipe it off or apply z2 over z5 or vise versa thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts