Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought Lexol cleaner and conditioner. I cleaned the seats and conditioned it but it feels pretty much the same as before i cleaned and conditioned. Do any of you guys who use Lexol actually "feel" a difference after using it or am i doing it wrong??

Heres the steps i did: 1. cleaned the seats and followed directions very carefully.
2. After cleaning and wiping i got a new damp cloth and sprayed some conditioner. 3. wiped down the seats with conditioner twice. 4. let it sit for about 25 mins and wiped with a new dry towel.

Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don`t really feel a difference in my RSX after using it. However, I have used lexol on my last several cars and my leather always looked great. The leather in my Integra GS-R took 7 years of hard use and looked brand new the day I sold it. I usually apply the Lexol just as described it about 3 times a year.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vanacura said:
I don`t really feel a difference in my RSX after using it. However, I have used lexol on my last several cars and my leather always looked great. The leather in my Integra GS-R took 7 years of hard use and looked brand new the day I sold it. I usually apply the Lexol just as described it about 3 times a year.
arite, thanks, anyone else??

·
07 TL Switchblade Key Guy
3,167 Posts
personally, i apply lexol before i go to bed, and let it soak in overnight.... the next morning it's obviously not wet anymore, but i use a clean microfiber towel and kinda buff the seats....

i don't really feel a difference cause i've been doing this every other month since i got the car... i do the driver's seat once a month, cause obviously it has more wear and tear than the others. my seats still feel/look new.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
how did you notice a difference? did your ass tell you it was better? :laughing:

its called preventive maintenance :wavey:

·
CNN's smart ass 'lil bro
3,006 Posts
I use it every month, with a touchup of Meguairs Spray Leather stuff (black bottle, no screw lid to keep liquid from shooting out, smells like apples)

1. Squirt the dark orange bottle into a MF towel. Rub the MF towel so there's some "suds"

2. Wipe it all over your leather seats

3. Wait a few...

4. Take a clean MF and wet it with clean water and rewipe the seats down

5. Wait more...

6. Finally take the light orange bottle and MF it and wipe it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts