Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Westside GA crew member
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a Salvaged 05 Type S, rather it be SSM, OBM, VBP, or NHBP. What kind of problems have you guys encourned with your salvaged car?

Also since I live in the southeast, Does anyoen know a good place mainly to pick up a salvaged 05?

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a Salvaged 05 Type S, rather it be SSM, OBM, VBP, or NHBP. What kind of problems have you guys encourned with your salvaged car?

Also since I live in the southeast, Does anyoen know a good place mainly to pick up a salvaged 05?
The only real promlem is insuring and registering them, that's the pain.

·
4ut0strd4
1,093 Posts
Yeah if you are looking for a salvaged 05 Type-S then you will want to look at either Copart Auto Auctions or Manheim Auto Auctions which is were I got mine although it was not salvaged.

https://www.manheim.com/

http://www.copart.com/

Manheim is a larger auction and you would most likely find a Type-S there faster, but if you are looking for a salvaged Type-S then I think you may find one faster on Copart. At least that's what I realized about Copart they had more salvage RSX's then Manheim.

·
Westside GA crew member
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will they sell to the public?

·
Banned
313 Posts

Awesome! Another person who likes salvage/damaged :thumbsup:

If you know good auto mechanics who do quality jobs, then you wont have any problems exept maybe some minor registering at DMV.

·
Westside GA crew member
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome! Another person who likes salvage/damaged :thumbsup:

If you know good auto mechanics who do quality jobs, then you wont have any problems exept maybe some minor registering at DMV.
I have a great body shop guy. Mechanic on the other hand I dunno I have two...Paul from the GA section, and a guy locally. We'll see tho if there's no motor or tranny then that's fine I'll just get a k20a and be happy with that :).

·
yut ugghhhh!
446 Posts
I got my base auto from iaa in Dallas back in march, ive put a little over 5k on it and it runs as smooth as a new car. just make sure you take it to a quality auto body, and mechanic.

·
ArmenianCRSX Crew Founder
3,818 Posts
really comes down to how the car is hit, and who fixes it, thats all that matters. my 1st car was a slvg civic then i bought my s and lexus brand new but....i know alota guys w/ slvg cars that don't have problems, hell my friends VW GTI is slvg and runs normal...and all of his pos vws have been slvg

·
4ut0strd4
1,093 Posts
No. They don't sell to the public for various reasons... you would have to set up an account with them pay some fees along with getting a dealers license and ect. Luckily my dad and I know people who have these accounts setup so we were good to go.

·
yut ugghhhh!
446 Posts
no they wont, you have to find someone that is a member of the organization and has all the necessary licenses'. I'm not sure but at iaa i think you pay the yearly fee and your set, but don't quote me on that.

·
Banned
313 Posts
yesss w/ iaai.com you pay the yearly fee which is like 2bills.
Damnit thats exactly what we need. More people to come to IAA. :shakehead Well fuck it im not going on IAA anymore since theres gonna be a lot of people going there now.

·
yut ugghhhh!
446 Posts
Damnit thats exactly what we need. More people to come to IAA. :shakehead Well fuck it im not going on IAA anymore since theres gonna be a lot of people going there now.
hows the iaa in rancho cordova? it there a lot of selection? i went to the one in dallas and that shit was huge.

·
Banned
313 Posts
hows the iaa in rancho cordova? it there a lot of selection? i went to the one in dallas and that shit was huge.
Lol its gay. Where you at?

I bid nationwide, it has way better selections than just rancho cordova. you have to wait 15 years for a good deal to pop out

·
Awww Yeah...
4,217 Posts

wha? I though you were set on the AP1? :laughing:

·
Westside GA crew member
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
yut ugghhhh!
446 Posts
Lol its gay. Where you at?

I bid nationwide, it has way better selections than just rancho cordova. you have to wait 15 years for a good deal to pop out
Im in Rocklin, but was in Texas for 2 months back in March. What about your self?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts