Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys here is my problem. My current mods are Hondata #4, AEM CAI, and an Apexi N-1 exhaust. I also have the beltronics vectorfx2 performance meter in my car. I have done some quartermile testing and am not very pleased. My best time was a 14.73 w/ a 2.38 60 ft.:( however I have gotten my 60 fts. as low as 2.32 which isnt that great anyways(I got a 14.85 on that run). I launch at around 4 and feather so I get full traction by 4500 RPM, have my foot pegged by then, and never bog the engine. My question is whether or not I should be allot faster at a track with the same driving style I have, because of the increased traction. Also, for those of you who have performance meters, what kinda times are you getting. One last thing is that I dont shift at 8600 rpms, usually stock redline because I dont feel the need to beat on my engine unless I go to a track. How much of a difference do you also think that could be making with my times? All help is appreciated.

·
I want pancakes!
1,523 Posts
Sorry, not to go off of the topic of your thread, but what do you think of the betronics performance meter? how does it work? how much? I love my bel vector radar dectector

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dieselbp67 said:
Sorry, not to go off of the topic of your thread, but what do you think of the betronics performance meter? how does it work? how much? I love my bel vector radar dectector
The meter is awsome and I love it in everyway. It works very well IMO and I love how you can see all the G forces as your moving. When you want to do a run all you have to do is hit the button, wait like 2 seconds and then go whenever you want. Mine cost 250, but is the model that hucks up to the computer. There is a cheaper model for 150 that does everything but doesnt give you dyno graphs on a computer.

·
I want pancakes!
1,523 Posts
hmmm maybe I should get this..so it hooks up into your computer via USB port and gives you dynos of your runs?? what does it say? can you show me one? do a control Print Screen and then paste that into paint...u can save the screen shot as a jpeg..thanks man!

·
Registered
755 Posts
I just got my FX1, and the thing rocks. I have similar mods as you Brettnrs423, and getting pretty similar times. My best run was a 2.2 second 60' and a 14.7 1/4. I think I could probably shave a little more off the times though.

·
I want pancakes!
1,523 Posts
Where do you do your 1/4 mile runs?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Wherever is straight, unpopulated and flat.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Oh, and it has to be a 1/4 mile long...

P.S. - I edited this because I re-read it, and I sounded like an asshole. I'm just playin' witch cha. ;) Seriously, just do it where it's safe, and no one will get in your way, espically the po-po.

·
Remember
1,929 Posts
Do you have to imput the weight of your car in those things? If so, do you know exactly what you and your car weighs? That could effect performance numbers.

·
Registered
755 Posts
You only have to do that if you want it to give you accurate HP ratings. Weight has nothing to do with acceleration and G-Forces. If you want to calculate how much work (HP) your car does, then weight will matter. If you want to figure out exactly how much you and your car weighs, then go to the dump. They will usually have a scale there to weigh the before and after for discarding construction materials. It's usually accurate to within +- 5 lbs or so.

·
I want pancakes!
1,523 Posts
nlaing said:
Oh, and it has to be a 1/4 mile long...

P.S. - I edited this because I re-read it, and I sounded like an asshole. I'm just playin' witch cha. ;) Seriously, just do it where it's safe, and no one will get in your way, espically the po-po.
haha, i know what you mean..its coool..ok, so it will calculate the distance and everything..so basically, you just turn it on..pull up to say a light on an open highway...floor it at green for like 20 seconds or whatever, pull over..and it will tell you your 0-60, 60ft 1/4 mile times and shit?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Basically. It will give you 0-30, 0-40, 0-50, etc as well as your top mph (extremely accurate, I've done a lot of testing there) your 1/8 mile your 1000' and your 1/4 mile. It will also calculate your peak HP ratings based on the weight it has stored in the flash ram.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Now what you have to do is take it to the track to see just how accurate it really is. Many times those things are off by .2-.3

·
Registered
755 Posts
According to the instruction manual, (biased?) it has a margin of error of +- .1 second, and +-.05 with calibration. I wouldn't have trusted this if I hadn't have tested the top speed readings. They were right on to well above 100mph. For example, I'd accelerate to 104mph (on the speedo), stop the car, check the log, and the meter had calculated a 104mph top speed based on the acceleration forces exerted during the run. This made me pretty confident in the accuracy of the unit. If it can figure out my top speed to within 1mph (to over 100mph top speed) then it should be able to have a pretty accurate 1/4 mile. I think I am going to bring it to the drag strip and compare the results to their results. Not this weekend, but most likely next weekend. I'll let all of you know how close the results are.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ive got a Beltronics FX2 also and Its Great! It seems very accurate and its pretty cool that you can make a run anytime without havein to drive to the track and wait forever to get 3-4runs in.....It also gives you your 0-60mph times 60foot and anythin else you need. Ima plannin on goin to the track soon to see just how accurate it really is

·
I want pancakes!
1,523 Posts
What kinda performance you get?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Performance all stock for now....Plus i wanna get my 1/4 60ft ect. as low as possible b4 I do any mods

·
I want pancakes!
1,523 Posts
no no, I mean what kinda numbers are you getting in the 1/4, 0-60 etc

1 - 20 of 35 Posts