Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a cybernation stage II turbo. right now i am curious as to which exhaust type of exhaust to get. i know i want a 2.5" or 3". if you could just give me some ideas on what to do and some reviews on the cybernation turbo. thanks!

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
texastrack04 said:
I am looking into getting a cybernation stage II turbo. right now i am curious as to which exhaust type of exhaust to get. i know i want a 2.5" or 3". if you could just give me some ideas on what to do and some reviews on the cybernation turbo. thanks!
3" with stage 2. 2 1/2 could be alright for low boost, like 7/9 psi or less. But stage 2 would benefit from a 3" pipe.

The turbo kit is sick, 350-400 whp on pump gas. There's really nothing else to say about it. Tech support is outstanding.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wunluv said:
3" with stage 2. 2 1/2 could be alright for low boost, like 7/9 psi or less. But stage 2 would benefit from a 3" pipe.

The turbo kit is sick, 350-400 whp on pump gas. There's really nothing else to say about it. Tech support is outstanding.
whats a good brand 3" exhaust to look into. how is the thermal r&d?

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
i have had both 2.5 and 3in exhaust on my GReddy RSX and the 3in is amazing in high RPM's when the turbo needs it most. The engine continues to deliver power all the way through the powerband. With the 2.5in, i could feel the engine being blocked up around 6500rpms and not gain more power from there to rev limiter.

On a side note, i did notice extra torque present around 2000-5000rpms with the 2.5in but the benifits of a healthy exhaust passage in high RPM's is what matters most for me, this is why i chose the 3 over the 2.5.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
texastrack04 said:
whats a good brand 3" exhaust to look into. how is the thermal r&d?
I've had no experience with the thermal R&D, but it looks like a high quality system.

You would be fine just getting a custom mandrel bend exhaust and a turbo muffler of some sort. Will probably end up cheaper than the Thermal system. I really like the Apexi turbo muffler. Sounds sweet with the 3" pipe and fits nicely in the bumper.

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
wunluv said:
I've had no experience with the thermal R&D, but it looks like a high quality system.

You would be fine just getting a custom mandrel bend exhaust and a turbo muffler of some sort. Will probably end up cheaper than the Thermal system. I really like the Apexi turbo muffler. Sounds sweet with the 3" pipe and fits nicely in the bumper.
Yes, this is what i am running, the APEXi (3in)80mm in/out turbo muffler w/115mm tip in black w/custom 3in mandrel bent exhaust and test pipe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts