Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
WILDCARD!
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlight bulbs have wiring like this:

Any suggestions on the best way to connect that wiring to the 3 prong female end on the wiring harness? Currently, I just have the ends shoved in to the appropriate power and ground spots on the female end, which works in terms of powering the bulbs. Those prongs are not the same size as the two prongs from the standard H1 male end though. I feel like they're basically being held in place by the copious amounts of dielectric grease (i.e. not very secure and also, more exposed to the elements than I would prefer).

Anyone have experience with this? Should I just wrap the female plug in tape and then tap those two wires in behind it? That's probably doable on the driver's side but there's not much room on the passenger's side, at least not without removing the headlights.

Can I purchase that two prong male plug by itself and then attach the bulb's wires to it, wrap the whole thing in tape and then plug it in like the factory connection?

Any thoughts/ideas/experience welcomed. Thanks.

·
Registered
902 Posts
What about just getting larger spades and soldering/crimping them in place? Seems like the most simple solution to me.

·
WILDCARD!
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about just getting larger spades and soldering/crimping them in place? Seems like the most simple solution to me.
Yeah, I suppose that would work. Hopefully I could find some spades close to the size of the prongs on the original plug. Thanks!

·
WILDCARD!
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check these out: https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-645-540-Headlamp-Lighting-Socket/dp/B0075DNCY6/ref=asc_df_B0075DNCY6/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312540934012&hvpos=1o29&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15987580530904239164&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016798&hvtargid=aud-799728744414:pla-525794603017&psc=1

Not sure exactly what they're for (something specific to Mazda I guess), but I could grab a set of those and a set of spades to fit the females and then be able to plug back in to the factory plug securely. Could even wrap the whole thing in tape to water proof it.

·
Registered
902 Posts
That looks like it would work. Personally, I'd just hit the hardware store and see what they have. I'm one of those people that loses their shit when I get something that isn't the correct size haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts