Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at getting some metal racing pedals for my car and am wondering how they are installed. I'm by no means a mechanic so I'm wondering if I can do it myself. I have heard that they just go over the top of the originals, is that true? Do I have to remove any part of the original pedal? Any help would be nice.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
take off the rubber on the stock pedals and you can either clip them on or drill them on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do they come with instructions of any type that would give me some sort of clue how to remove the rubber ones?

15-20_God said:
take off the rubber on the stock pedals and you can either clip them on or drill them on.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
just pull the rubber off. its pretty simple.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Just curious: Is it then unwise to screw pedal covers on directly over the stock/existing rubber? :dontknow:

…O.K., I’ll come clean: That’s what I did on my car, and they seem to be staying in place just fine—have been for over a month now…. :confused:

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
I have the mugen pedals which go right over the bare pedal.

·
the overrated fig shot
3,237 Posts
smokejag said:
Im looking at getting some metal racing pedals for my car and am wondering how they are installed. I'm by no means a mechanic so I'm wondering if I can do it myself. I have heard that they just go over the top of the originals, is that true? Do I have to remove any part of the original pedal? Any help would be nice.
The clutch & brake rubber pedals are just covers, you can take them off easily. The gas pedal you probably can't. Why waste the time anyway? Just slap another one on top. There are usually double-sided tapes on the back and you just drill the screws on top.

·
Registered
433 Posts
a couple of newbie questions about pedals: are pedals purely an aesthetic addition to the car? it would seem to me that these covers might be a bit clunky if they sit right on top of the stock rubber ones. are there pedal sets out there that replace both the rubber stock part and the rods that hook your feet up with the brakes, clutch, gas? ive done some searching on the internet and all i can find are these covers. in my newbie mind i would think there would be an upgrade from the stock rubber pieces and rods, and it would not just be a for aesthetic value. aluminum pedals and rods would make a nice light feel to the pedals i would think. but i really have no idea. please shed some light if you've got it.

·
JDM!!!!!!!!
3,661 Posts
Jarrett said:
a couple of newbie questions about pedals: are pedals purely an aesthetic addition to the car? it would seem to me that these covers might be a bit clunky if they sit right on top of the stock rubber ones. are there pedal sets out there that replace both the rubber stock part and the rods that hook your feet up with the brakes, clutch, gas? ive done some searching on the internet and all i can find are these covers. in my newbie mind i would think there would be an upgrade from the stock rubber pieces and rods, and it would not just be a for aesthetic value. aluminum pedals and rods would make a nice light feel to the pedals i would think. but i really have no idea. please shed some light if you've got it.
yea theres some JDM pedals out there...
they run about 300...
heres some i found on ebay...some 1 at c-RSX has these, i dont remember who. there nice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33700&item=2466973894

·
700p LTR TWS .308
19,493 Posts
the safest way to do it is to drill with a cobalt drill (I broke 2 drill bits) into the brake pedal. Use dry wall screws or regular screws with loctite. For the gas, use self tapping screws, but space them out a evenly and not too close to the edge of the gas. Since it's plastic, It'll crack if you don't do it right. Dead pedal just use self tap screws. If you want more pics, click my sig pic, then click on "Autovation Racing Pedals" in my master modification list.

·
the overrated fig shot
3,237 Posts
Jarrett said:
Pedals are pedals, you can put anything on it and it still feels the same. They do, however, help me on heel and toe downshifting. The JDM ones you can replace the whole assemblies, but i wouldn't waste the money and time to do things the hard way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts