Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who installed one can help me:

What happened if the car started and you press the start button one more time?

Can the key start the car?

Anyone has the start button with aftermarket alarm such as viper 791? Are there any conflicts?

Thanks.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Question 01: Would you continue to crank your key after the car is started if you didn't have the push start? No, so don't do it. You don't need unjust wear and tear on your starter.

Question 02: The key will only start the car if you splice into the ignition wire. If you cut the wire and run it straight to your push start, only the button will be able to start the car.

Question 03: I've got an aftermarket alarm, no problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

Will the start button make easy for theft to steal ur car because we already helped the theft to splice or cut the wire? Is it now all depends on the immobiliser?

Anyone know if s2000 can able to start the car from key anyway?

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Push button won't make it any easier for theft b/c they are still going to need the key to start the car. You don't bypass the immobilizer when you install the push button, you are just rerouting the ignition wire to the button itself.

As for the last question: You put the key in, turn it to the ignition position and push the button. Simple as that. People always say that installing a push button means it takes you longer to start your car, but in actuality they don't have a fucking clue. The only way that would be the case is if you install the button in some off-the-wall place in your car. Here is a pic of mine:

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
has anyone ever taken off the dashboard before? i'm thinking of installing it into this section but i'm not sure whats behind it and how hard it is to widen a hole into the dashboard material.
I chopped the picture of the button into the area from someone else who mounted the button onto the faceplate so i dont think it really exists, any help would be nice!

Attachments

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
I'm sure it's not impossible to install it in that location...I'm just not sure how sturdy the button would be (i.e. moving around) due to the flexible nature of the material our dash is made of. It might be worth looking into though as a possible location.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
if i make the hole just big enough for it to squeeze in with alot of friction then i dont see any problems with it wobbling around. The only thing i'm afraid to do is to mess up since the dash is one big piece and its not cheap to get a new one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts