Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is that my BOV sounds normal on some days and other days it just flutters. I've checked all the lines and everything seems normal.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
When I first installed my BOV it was fluttering because I teed into the wrong vaccuum line....Make sure its the main line that is also used for your boost gauage...Make sure all connections are tight so you dont loose pressure

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
some say its compressor surge and needs adjustment, others say its normal when not at full boost. this is in clubrsx and other forums as well so i dont know

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RSXdelerium said:
some say its compressor surge and needs adjustment, others say its normal when not at full boost. this is in clubrsx and other forums as well so i dont know
I've checked out different forums and have gotten both responses. Some say its compressor surge which causes the exhuast gases to go in reverse which can do some damage to a turbo. All the connections are tight. I've even taken the car around 5.5k rpms so there's enough boost, but it still makes that fluttering noise. Do you guys think it'll be a good idea to loosen the BOV spring?

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Bip Bip said:
Why is that my BOV sounds normal on some days and other days it just flutters. I've checked all the lines and everything seems normal.
When you don't have a constant vacume, the BOV's will flutter a bit. The vacume is what compresses the spring that holds the valve open, so if you don't have a good consistant vacume source, it won't work properly. The flutter is probably the valve opening and closing rapidly, or not opening fully.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bigbuyer2477 said:
When you don't have a constant vacume, the BOV's will flutter a bit. The vacume is what compresses the spring that holds the valve open, so if you don't have a good consistant vacume source, it won't work properly. The flutter is probably the valve opening and closing rapidly, or not opening fully.
This is the 2nd time I have had this fluttering. The 1st time it occured, I found the vaccum leak. I've double checked the lines and everything looks good. Do you think it would be a good idea to lightly lube the valve w/wd40?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts