Im planning to get a Racer Header, CAI, and ECU

I wanna build my rsx with NA so...

this is what i thought, Buddyclub SPECIII Exhaust, Injen CAI, Toda Race

Header, and dont know about the ECU :(

Im a n00b so need some advices

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Might as well finish up your goal with the Toda engine kit that comes with its own ecu. I dont advice getting Hondata#4 with a race header because if its anything like with the Comptech race header, which most likely it will be, you will encounter a lean air:fuel ratio problem :nervous: .

·
let's go BO SOX here
1,219 Posts
MmmotorNutz said:
Might as well finish up your goal with the Toda engine kit that comes with its own ecu. I dont advice getting Hondata#4 with a race header because if its anything like with the Comptech race header, which most likely it will be, you will encounter a lean air:fuel ratio problem :nervous: .
Is there anyway to even out the air to fuel ratio with a (jackson) race header and ecu flash #4 because this is the route I was planning on going.... cause Toda kit is way out of the price range until I graduate in a close to 2 years. Thanks.. :)

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Even though I dont think you will run into this situation with the JR header + Hondata#4, but since you are going the NA route I advice that you invest the extra $500 and purchase the k-pro programmable ecu from Hondata that has the #4 flash as a base flash with your JR header. So if you do have a problem with a lean situation with the JR header with the #4 flash,, which I doubt, you can have it dyno tuned to fix the lean situation. The K-pro is just a smarter purchase. I only advice this route because the other way to fix the lean situation is with a VAFC or SAFC that runs around $350 plus tuning around $100/hour. So as you can see all you are saving is a whopping $150 but losing an extreme amount of tuning flexibility and capability that the K-pro has to offer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
rsxfever said:
I have a Budddyclub SPEC III Exhaust

Im planning to get a Racer Header, CAI, and ECU

I wanna build my rsx with NA so...

this is what i thought, Buddyclub SPECIII Exhaust, Injen CAI, Toda Race

Header, and dont know about the ECU :(

Im a n00b so need some advices
If you wanted to go NA then would suggest Mugen parts ...

Mugen Airbox
Mugen Exhaust
Mugen ECU (Which works fine for K20a2)
maybe mix in a little Toda cams and Race Header in there.

This is of course only if you are willing to spend the $$$$

Ya heard!!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
isnt injen intake better than mugen icebox?

i reseached and i decided to go with toda engine kit with injen intake and my specIII

exhaust. u think mugen is better?

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
AyMuddaFukka said:
If you wanted to go NA then would suggest Mugen parts ...

Mugen Airbox
Mugen Exhaust
Mugen ECU (Which works fine for K20a2)
maybe mix in a little Toda cams and Race Header in there.

This is of course only if you are willing to spend the $$$$

Ya heard!!!!
:thumbsdow WHY?! What makes Mugen the best NA route to take? Please dont cloud up this forum with bullshit like this by telling people that a name brand is the way to go. There are other parts out there that works just as well or even better than Mugen for half the price. Ya heard!!!! Do you know how things work and do you use that as a basis when you make a purchase to mod your car or do you just go by the name...sad if you ask me!

Just FYI. The dayam Mugen airbox makes what 5 hp more than stock and it costs $600 fucking dollars. The icebox is half that price and makes 7-10 hp above stock. The typical CAI makes 10-15 hp above stock and is 1/3 that price. Mugen is over-rated. Good quality products but half that price comes from the freight charges to ship them here.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
rsxfever said:
isnt injen intake better than mugen icebox?

i reseached and i decided to go with toda engine kit with injen intake and my specIII

exhaust. u think mugen is better?
For 1/4 mile racing, yes, but for road racing or auto-x, no.

·
Registered
62 Posts
MmmotorNutz said:
:thumbsdow WHY?! What makes Mugen the best NA route to take? Please dont cloud up this forum with bullshit like this by telling people that a name brand is the way to go. There are other parts out there that works just as well or even better than Mugen for half the price. Ya heard!!!! Do you know how things work and do you use that as a basis when you make a purchase to mod your car or do you just go by the name...sad if you ask me!

Just FYI. The dayam Mugen airbox makes what 5 hp more than stock and it costs $600 fucking dollars. The icebox is half that price and makes 7-10 hp above stock. The typical CAI makes 10-15 hp above stock and is 1/3 that price. Mugen is over-rated. Good quality products but half that price comes from the freight charges to ship them here.
Take it easy......you asked a question and wanted an answer and now you are going to turn around and blame me for trying to cloud up this forum by giving you my opinion? Please do not harass me in any other way or any other members for that matter if you cannot accept other's opinions to your liking regarding your questions. I will report you to a mod if any of this type of behavior continues.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
AyMuddaFukka said:
Take it easy......you asked a question and wanted an answer and now you are going to turn around and blame me for trying to cloud up this forum by giving you my opinion? Please do not harass me in any other way or any other members for that matter if you cannot accept other's opinions to your liking regarding your questions. I will report you to a mod if any of this type of behavior continues.

I didnt know someone can be harrassed on the Internet, haha :rolleyes: :laughing: . Its not about accepting your opinion but rather making other members aware of the alternative. I am too, entitled to my own opinion. It just so happens that it does not agree with yours. Is that harrassment? Its a discussion forum, grow up!

And oh yea, I didnt ask the question.

But why mugen again?? You havent answered that yet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
MmmotorNutz said:
I didnt know someone can be harrassed on the Internet, haha :rolleyes: :laughing: . Its not about accepting your opinion but rather making other members aware of the alternative. I am too, entitled to my own opinion. It just so happens that it does not agree with yours. Is that harrassment? Its a discussion forum, grow up!

And oh yea, I didnt ask the question.

But why mugen again?? You havent answered that yet.
No harm done I'm just fed up with all the people on this forum thinking they are know it alls.
I respect your opinion regarding Comptech vs. Mugen but I personally think Mugen products are more superior in a performance standpoint for TRACK use. I think most ppl on this forum are looking for more performance on the drag strip rather than on the circuit. Mugen does a lot of R & D before releasing a product and so do the other companies. But I like the performance and feel I get from Mugen products. I myself have an RSX with the K20a change over and have tried different products for this motor...AEM/J's Racing/5 zigen/Tanabe(what a waste of $$$)/Mugen. I liked the Mugen best out of all of these.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Exactly, it all depends upon your planned use for the car. Shoot on the dyno my Icebox was smoked by the AEM CAI, with an average HP gain difference of 5hp (Icebox ave gain = 7, AEM ave gain = 12), but I still like the look and "feel" of the Icebox...it just suits my preference.

·
Registered
62 Posts
MmmotorNutz said:
Exactly, it all depends upon your planned use for the car. Shoot on the dyno my Icebox was smoked by the AEM CAI, with an average HP gain difference of 5hp (Icebox ave gain = 7, AEM ave gain = 12), but I still like the look and "feel" of the Icebox...it just suits my preference.
Nice setup you have there. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol.. stop arguin PPL! i just need some advices...

Toda Engine Kit, my exhaust, Injen CAI, Toda Racer header is my plan .. just wanna

know its good way i mean its worth to spend money. plz :( what else can i do on my

rsx? wanna smoke M3 like the video did :D:D

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
We are not arguing just having some constuctive differences between our opinions :D . If its straight line you worry about then yes, you have a good setup to smoke STOCK M3s.

·
Registered
62 Posts
MmmotorNutz said:
We are not arguing just having some constuctive differences between our opinions :D . If its straight line you worry about then yes, you have a good setup to smoke STOCK M3s.
I agree with MmmotorNutz 100% :thumbsup: You will need a very good setup to smoke STOCK M3's.

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,590 Posts
MmmotorNutz said:

Talk about clouding the forums with bullshit. The only dyno you've seen of the Mugen airbox is mine and that was without a baseline run. So where exactly are you seeing the Mugen box only making 5whp? The Mugen N1 ECU will run much better then any Hondata ECU without a cat since it was designed to run catless, no leaning out on that ECU like Hondata. This guy is a noob, you honestly think he's got the knowledge to tune a tuneable Hondata ECU, or the money to pay someone. By the time he buys the Hondata tunable ECU and spends money on the dyno tuning needed, he would be better off spending money on the Mugen ECU. Half the charges of Mugen products are frieght charges?? WTF are you smoking man. 65000 Yen in Japan equals about $620 here. Yeah, there sure are a lot of frieght charges added in there. You're a freaking Mugen hater simply because of me, please don't tell this guy Mugen is overrated just because of that reason. What's over rated are CAI, everyone has one and thinks if you make to most peak hp it's the best you can get. You're not getting the throttle response, the filters are hard to clean and need cleaned more ofter, more chance of hydrolock, the build quality is half assed, they sound ricey (opinion), and the engine bay looks like ass. Those are the downsides to a CAI.

What I would do is, get the Buddy Club III, TODA ex mani and get yourself a Mugen N1 ECU. The intake is up to you but I would either go stock, Mugen or Comptech since the Mugen ECU was designed around the Mugen airbox. This setup will easily give him over 200whp and there is still room to tune internally if he wants to do a set of cams, pistons, in mani, etc....

This is a serious issue you have with people willing to spend the money on high quality Mugen products. You CAN NOT deny Mugen the respect of their abilities to tune what they tune. Yeah, they cost money but hey, you aren't spending it. And besides, the Mugen N1 ECU is actually cheaper then the Hondata programable ECU plus the dyno time needed to tune it. Lighten up on the Mugen hating man. No need to get hostile about it over the internet.

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
You guys need to watch your tone, all of you. If someone asks a question about something that has already been discussed, just tell that person to do a search. otherwise, answer nicely. harrassing on clubrsx is not tolerated

peace out
HARDCORE mikey

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
7900rpms said:
The only dyno you've seen of the Mugen airbox is mine and that was without a baseline run. So where exactly are you seeing the Mugen box only making 5whp? This guy is a noob, you honestly think he's got the knowledge to tune a tuneable Hondata ECU, or the money to pay someone. By the time he buys the Hondata tunable ECU and spends money on the dyno tuning needed, he would be better off spending money on the Mugen ECU. You're a freaking Mugen hater simply because of me, please don't tell this guy Mugen is overrated just because of that reason. What's over rated are CAI, everyone has one and thinks if you make to most peak hp it's the best you can get.
I already showed you where I saw it make 5 hp from stock, I am not showing it again. He will not tune the ECU, it will be a tuner shop with a dyno doing it. I did say that mugen has good quality products, hows that being a hater, and please dont flatter yourself that I am a mugen hater becuase of you :rolleyes: , please! What I hate though is when people say get brand X or Y w/o an explanation of why. I recently dynoed the AEM CAI to compare to my icebox, and lemme tell ya, it makes more power up top and from low to mid...it pretty much made more power all over the board and smoked my Icebox :nervous: . And last time I checked we are supposed to run cats :dontknow: .

This is a serious issue you have with people willing to spend the money on high quality Mugen products. You CAN NOT deny Mugen the respect of their abilities to tune what they tune. Yeah, they cost money but hey, you aren't spending it. And besides, the Mugen N1 ECU is actually cheaper then the Hondata programable ECU plus the dyno time needed to tune it. Lighten up on the Mugen hating man. No need to get hostile about it over the internet.
Sorry officer, I dont know what he is talking about :dontknow: :confused: :laughing: .

:blah: :blah: :blah:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts