Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
K20A-S said:
what does 50/60/70 shot means?
Are you kidding around? I will asume that you are not.

It's how much crank hp you gain. Theoretically if you dyno your car before and after a 50 shot of N2O you should see 50 extra crank hp. However, a 50 shot could be a bit more or less than 50 auctual crank hp. 60 shot = 60 crank hp and 70 shot = 70 crank hp.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
as far as i know thats not true at all. the FAL/1320 motorsports rsx used a 50 shot of n2o and gained 55 whp....thats like 70 crank hp....50/60/70 is the size of the jets and determines how much you will spray.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
GRaFiX34 said:
as far as i know thats not true at all. the FAL/1320 motorsports rsx used a 50 shot of n2o and gained 55 whp....thats like 70 crank hp....50/60/70 is the size of the jets and determines how much you will spray.
Look as far as not being true at all...well that isnt true at all. I stated that the amount gained can be different than what the shot reads. It is not always going to be right on the money. But the numbers assosiated with the jets are SUPPOSED to be crank hp figures. However, as you so elequently pointed out and as I eluded earlier, the gains can be variable from system to system and car to car...just like any mod.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
I could never understand how they determine the power gains since every car reacts differently to external factors. Hell, even stock factory engines exhibit variations in power outputs...

The FAL car also had other modifications that led to the additional power gains.

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Bigbuyer2477 said:
I could never understand how they determine the power gains since every car reacts differently to external factors. Hell, even stock factory engines exhibit variations in power outputs...

The FAL car also had other modifications that led to the additional power gains.
Good point - there was no way to say for certain what portion of the FAL car's gains were attributable to the nitrous.

Study up a little before you freak on a guy who's trying to help you out and telling the truth.

Big, buy an RSX. Thanks.

Az :wavey:

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
AzaghalSEI said:

Good point - there was no way to say for certain what portion of the FAL car's gains were attributable to the nitrous.

Study up a little before you freak on a guy who's trying to help you out and telling the truth.

Big, buy an RSX. Thanks.

I am a turbo man, remember? But I promise you if Honda goes into turbocharging street cars I would be the first one to line up at the dealership:thumbsup:

Actually, I wouldn't. I am waiting for the STi to arrive:laughing:

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Bigbuyer2477 said:

I am a turbo man, remember? But I promise you if Honda goes into turbocharging street cars I would be the first one to line up at the dealership:thumbsup:

Actually, I wouldn't. I am waiting for the STi to arrive:laughing:
Well, it was worth a shot! :thumbsup:

STi :nervous:

I'll need a super or turbo before I race one of those.. hehe Even on 75 shot I only have like 220 something wheel horsepower for real! 250hp technically.. :)

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
AzaghalSEI said:

Well, it was worth a shot! :thumbsup:

STi :nervous:

I'll need a super or turbo before I race one of those.. hehe Even on 75 shot I only have like 220 something wheel horsepower for real! 250hp technically.. :)

Nah, a 50 shot would make it very competitive for a stock STi or even the upcoming Lancer EVO. They do the quarter in about 13.75ish, and so for a Type S running 50 shot wouldn't be too out of reach. But the beauty of turbo is that it is NOS all the time, anytime. No refills. When you are done suqeezing the turbo car would still be boosting, so unless you can keep the happiness flowing through the manifold for a lllooooonnnnnngggggg time the turbocharged car will eventually out run ya.

P.S. remember, the NOS is for the car, not for personal consumption!!!!:laughing:

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Bigbuyer2477 said:

Nah, a 50 shot would make it very competitive for a stock STi or even the upcoming Lancer EVO. They do the quarter in about 13.75ish, and so for a Type S running 50 shot wouldn't be too out of reach. But the beauty of turbo is that it is NOS all the time, anytime. No refills. When you are done suqeezing the turbo car would still be boosting, so unless you can keep the happiness flowing through the manifold for a lllooooonnnnnngggggg time the turbocharged car will eventually out run ya.

P.S. remember, the NOS is for the car, not for personal consumption!!!!:laughing:
12lbs is plenty for ANY street race or quarter mile. You would both reach your fuel cut-off for high speed before it is used up and any fucker who keeps racing after that is just an asshole who doesn't like to be beat! :thumbsup:

Present company excluded, of course! :wavey:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts