Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
B Like Mike
Joined
·
14,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a jdm hid kit 4300k that uses d2r bulbs. Will I able to use the d2r bulbs and kit on my stock headlights or do i have to get h1 bulbs.

The reason being because the tabs on the jdm headlights are broken, so i have no other option but to swap everything over to the stock headlights. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,665 Posts
u cannot use D2R bulbs in stock headlights. nor D2S bulbs. u'll have to get H1 bulbs if wish u use your stock headlights.
 

·
B Like Mike
Joined
·
14,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Will h1 bulbs work with the jdm hid & ballasts? What is it about the d2r bulbs that make them work in jdm headlights but not our stock headlights? The jdm headlights are going to be ripped apart, so is there anything i can take out of there to make D2R bulbs work in the oem headlights?
 

·
06 NBP Type-S
Joined
·
315 Posts
Here's an Idea.. Take the internals of you JDM HID headlights and swap them over into your stock lights. I would think it would be a direct swap but I may be wrong.
 

·
B Like Mike
Joined
·
14,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rly44 said:
Here's an Idea.. Take the internals of you JDM HID headlights and swap them over into your stock lights. I would think it would be a direct swap but I may be wrong.
thats what i was thinking.. can anyone confirm that its possible?
 

·
SEND EMAIL, NO PM!
Joined
·
9,078 Posts
Snake said:
thats what i was thinking.. can anyone confirm that its possible?
yea, this is possible

what i did was to take apart both the OEM and JDM lights, and swap the coloured part fron the JDM one into my OEM housings... i did this so the beam pattern would be correct for our roads and will be aimed right... so in ur case, you could just use ur JDM lights, but use the OEM back part with teh good tabs

In ur case, you're stuck with the JDM beam pattern because u have D2R bulbs, and need the JDM reflectors to fit it
 

·
B Like Mike
Joined
·
14,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Krisen Type-S said:
yea, this is possible

what i did was to take apart both the OEM and JDM lights, and swap the coloured part fron the JDM one into my OEM housings... i did this so the beam pattern would be correct for our roads and will be aimed right... so in ur case, you could just use ur JDM lights, but use the OEM back part with teh good tabs

In ur case, you're stuck with the JDM beam pattern because u have D2R bulbs, and need the JDM reflectors to fit it
omg you are exactly what i was looking for.

So can I do this. Take apart the OEM headlights and take apart the JDM headlights. Put the colored piece and reflectors into my OEM headlights and swap over the hids , ballasts, d2r bulbs. This way i dont have glare either.

Did you have integra iS headlights or jdm hids. I thought the back parts were different on both.
 

·
SEND EMAIL, NO PM!
Joined
·
9,078 Posts
Snake said:
omg you are exactly what i was looking for.

So can I do this. Take apart the OEM headlights and take apart the JDM headlights. Put the colored piece and reflectors into my OEM headlights and swap over the hids , ballasts, d2r bulbs. This way i dont have glare either.

Did you have integra iS headlights or jdm hids. I thought the back parts were different on both.
yep, that will work :thumbsup:


i had JDM HID housings (but no HIDs)

i have an XD H1 kit, so basically, the only thing i used form the JDM lights is the coloured piece... the back parts are different from ITR to iS... the ITR ones have some mounts or something to fit the ballasts, but the fitment to the lens is the same
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
if anyone is interested i have a set of philips d2r 4300k bulbs for sale really cheap...
 

·
B Like Mike
Joined
·
14,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
blazinz said:
if anyone is interested i have a set of philips d2r 4300k bulbs for sale really cheap...
I just bought a set from someone on g35driver. I think i told you about posting them on clubrsx. Get 25 posts and make a forsale thread, theres always people looking for them :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,665 Posts
yea.....open the headlight. replace the entire reflector unit. it's one piece for combined high and low beam.
 

·
B Like Mike
Joined
·
14,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finally finished the install. Everything was a direct swap. For the harness I made my own with parts from home depot: total cost ~$5. I used spade connectors to insert into the lowbeam powersource instead of cutting it off. Thanks Aziatik for the sweet deal!
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top