Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
parts to make a honda
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I'm soon upgrading to the Pioneer Avic D3, ordering it in less than a week.

I have a Non-Navi TSX so I am having a shop I always go to, to install the Avic D3 along with other Audio Components. Now i have a few questions..

With Bluetooth, where is the brain located, if i replace the headunit do i lose my bluetooth capabilities? -Pioneer makes their own Bluetooth adapter but I want to keep my steering wheel controls.​

I'm kinda in a rush to because I am ordering soon due to the fact I'm doing it through Best Buy accommodations because I work there and can save some money.

So all knowledge is greatly appreciated..
-any other pioneer parts i should order with this so I can all order from the company at the same time.​

(-yes i did post this same exact thing on 2 other forums. lol)

·
Registered
692 Posts
i have never installed a radio in a tsx with or without navi before so i'm going on past experience...

when you remove the stock radio, or unhook it the steering wheel controls will not work. the bluetooth more than likely will not work, and as far as i know there is no dash kit for the tsx. the headsup display will also no longer display any radio info (if you care).

that said, pioneer makes a bluetooth adaptor like you mentioned, there is also a few companies that make steering wheel controlers you can add to that pioneer headunit. in my opinion the d3 is not worth it. shit the z2 isn't worth it. the ipod control is the only thing worth a damn on those headunits, and is it really worth the hassle? besides you'll need the USB to ipod cord to get that to work i'm told. just too much work for so little. save up and get the factory nav. just my opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.