Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by apologizing if this has been discussed before. I am looking to buy a brand new off the lot 2006 RSX type S sometime in the next 1-2 months, hopefully ASAP. My question: is this still possible?? I am going to be searching in the Southern California area (L.A. mainly), and I'm wondering if some dealers still have brand new type s's.

My other question is what should i expect to pay otd if I do find a new type s. I'm hoping 23k OTD with no extra options.

O and PWP or NBP?

Thanks guys

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
If you want to add $5,000 to that 23k you want to pay then sure, you can get a new type-s. :thumbsup: I really doubt you will get 23k otd though... :(
Sorry dude. It's kinda too late. :dontknow:

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
Meh, you may still find one, but look hard and look NOW.

When I was shopping around for my '04, one dealer still hac 2 new '03 Type S' in May '04.

·
FDA Approved
668 Posts
Good luck. You'll have better luck getting the new Si and badging it "RSX"

·
FDA Approved
668 Posts

·
Banned
3,212 Posts
OP:

you realize you're looking for a 2006 at dealerships which have already had 2007 cars on their lots for 6 months now. if a new 2006 were to be at a dealership, it would have been sitting there for about a year and a half. that's unlikely, if you want a 2006 type S you should look for a used one with low miles.

just to give you an example, i lost my old RSX and was looking for a new one in august 2006, and the dealership in tampa only had 2 new ones left. i wanted NBP but they didn't have any.

good luck though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Selling my 2006 Type S with 10k miles..NBP...PM..located in NY

EDIT:.saw ur in CA.....nvm

·
Eat Liberals
16,445 Posts
Let me start off by apologizing if this has been discussed before. I am looking to buy a brand new off the lot 2006 RSX type S sometime in the next 1-2 months, hopefully ASAP. My question: is this still possible?? I am going to be searching in the Southern California area (L.A. mainly), and I'm wondering if some dealers still have brand new type s's.

My other question is what should i expect to pay otd if I do find a new type s. I'm hoping 23k OTD with no extra options.

O and PWP or NBP?

Thanks guys
let me warn you, you will not pay the used car price on a rsx that has never been registered. if it has been on the lot the entire time and never sold its considered a new car. it sucks to pay sticker on something thats a year old but if the dealer wants to sell it like that he can. remember rule of thumb here, never registered, new car. prior registration, used car.

if you really want to get 23k out the door here are some tips

1. finance the car through the dealer. dealers lose money when you finance the car through your own bank, and paying in cash as well. you will not get a dsicount if your buying it in cash.
2. you REALLY need to hold a good strong argument if your trying to get a discount, especially if its way below sticker. you need good solid reasons as to why he should cut his price. the car being a year old isnt gonna cut it.
3, you need ot have all your stuff in order. dont go in there trying to get a great deal whne you have blemishes on your credit. they are gonna see your credit, and if its crap they wont really work with you much. they are more worried about getting you qualified for the loan rather than hooking you up with a good deal. if your gonna have a co-signer make sure they are with you. you have to be on the up and up if your trying to give the dealer less than he wants.

other peoples experience will differ, but this is what i learned when i was a car salesman.

·
Currently High.
790 Posts
werd it might be extremely hard to fin an 05-06 model type s. you would be better off getting the new SI. it comes with a lil more in my book also even though i own an rsx.
And color preference is up to you hombre!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
why is everyone so panty-twisted about the RSX-S?

They've jacked the prices thru the roof and its just not worth it.

Just wait man... sometime late fall will be the 08 accord coupe... go drive one of those and if you dont like it, get an SI or something... trust me, the RSX-S is awesome but so not worth 28K

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.