Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
<3's anime chicks
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys quick question. I had a prestige alarm installed today and i was just wondering if by doing so did the shop bypass the immobilizer on the car? I could've sworn when i locked my car before the red alarm light used to blink along with the green key on the dash. Now only a blue light(that they installed) blinks when the car is locked. Am i just being paranoid or is the green key light supposed to blink as well when the car is locked??:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
the green key light (immobilizer light) isn't supposed to blink when your car is off and locked. I believe it blinks when you first insert the key into the ignition and/or if you're using kpro and have the immobilizer disabled.

·
<3's anime chicks
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the green key light (immobilizer light) isn't supposed to blink when your car is off and locked. I believe it blinks when you first insert the key into the ignition and/or if you're using kpro and have the immobilizer disabled.
whew ok, thanks man:D

·
12 Volt Installer
970 Posts
If I installed it I would have also made it so the factory alarm would still arm & disarm with your aftermarket one. That's the way mine is done. It can't hurt to have an extra layer of security. They obviously did not do this since your red LED is no longer blinking (if you use your factory key fob to lock the doors it should start blinking again)

Also there should have been no reason to bypass the immobilizer.....if your green key light does not blink for a few seconds after shutting down your car, take it back and have them fix the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts