Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking to trade my '04 EP3 in for an '04 white RSX type S (I found one with only 28K miles for $16,500) and my question is does a stock type S come with halogen bulbs in the headlights? I can't seem to find the anwser to this anywhere.

Also, how much do you guys think I could get for my EP? Its got 30,000 miles and is in PERFECT condition. I have seen ones like mine (same year, similar miles) going on autotrader anywhere from like 15K to 18K. The RSX is at a local Saab dealership, you think they would straight up trade?

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
mo dealership will ever give you a straight up trade like that, and I especially can't see a Saab dealership doing it since the ep3 is an "inferior" car compared to the type-S as far as stature goes, Honda Vs. Acura, etc. Plus, a dealer will generally give you 10-15% less on a trade-in of what they expect to sell the car for. To get top dollar on your ep3, you're gonna want to sell it privately, I'm pretty sure the most you'll get on a trade form a dealer is 15k

Edit: edmunds.com lists trade-in value for an 04 ep3 with 30k on the clock as $12,500. Sell privately or you're screwing yourself out of 3-4 grand

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ep3 should not be worth $18K. RSX bulbs are H1, not HID looking at all.
I wouldn't think that an ep3 is work 18K either considering I bought it brand new $18K OTD, but i have seen plenty on autotrader with 40,000+ miles going for well over 17g's. Anyways, thanks for the help guys... I should be going to the dealership tommrow to see what I can work out.

·
oh snap!
2,960 Posts
haha, yeap..im wanting to trade my ep3 for a dc5 also...
..the guy i talked to said theyd trade even for the one i mentioned on hatch,
its just the drive waaay over there if i find time..i may be getting it..but 77k miles is alot...

-projekt sapphire(ephatch) lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.