Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on getting hondata, and I was wondering what are the long term effects of this. I tried doing a search but im not getting the question answered.

have any of you guys had any problems with hondata in the long run? I mean would it effect the life of my engine in anyway?

·
ECU Tuner
3,588 Posts
numairk said:
Im planning on getting hondata, and I was wondering what are the long term effects of this. I tried doing a search but im not getting the question answered.

have any of you guys had any problems with hondata in the long run? I mean would it effect the life of my engine in anyway?
I have not heard of anyone who had a serious problem related to the Hondata reflash. That said, any performance enhancing modification will exercise your car a little harder and make it wear down a little quicker.

·
Tyler
398 Posts
numairk said:
sounds good so far, I really wanna get this but i just need to get rid of that little voice in my head that somthing is going to go wrong.
I had a similar voice....bought Hondata # 4 on impulse...voice was gone...but now I hear a new voice telling me to buy K-Pro.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
22,304 Posts
Honda runs their ECU's rich for saftey and cooling. Hondata adjusts the timing and leans it out to create more horsepower. The effects of them doing this shouldn't have any long term effects on the tuning. Honda has to build a car for the dumbest user out there, Hondata assumes you are smarter than that person. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
numairk said:
yeah very good indeed.
ive made my choice, im going through with it.
If you are worried about warranty issues you might want to think about getting another ECU, sending it to Hondata and having your original on the side. Then if you go in for service you can switch and there are no worries.

Anyone disagree because this is what I have been planning on doing?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.