Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there are a few people here that have this exhaust on, and I would like to know what they think about it.
Does it sound Ricey?? like fart can, raspy??? and did you see any performance gains with it ( for turbos)?
and last but not least, if you could do it all over again, would you buy the same exhaust or would you just wait for the Greddy TI 70mm??
thanks

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?come on! help a brother out!!!

·
Turbo RSX-S
112 Posts
I put mine on this weekend it sounds great. Not ricey at all, just deep and alittle louder than I wanted but I like it. I would make some sound clips but it snowed last night so she's sitting in the garage. I'll make a quick vid of it while its in the garage tomarrow.

·
Registered
227 Posts
BrunotypeS said:
I put mine on this weekend it sounds great. Not ricey at all, just deep and alittle louder than I wanted but I like it. I would make some sound clips but it snowed last night so she's sitting in the garage. I'll make a quick vid of it while its in the garage tomarrow.
Do us some sound clips with and without the silencer! :wavey:

·
Registered
691 Posts
BrunotypeS said:

Did you run into any problems with the install?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Could someone explain to me why Thermal 3 Inch Exhaust would not work with Jackson Race headers.

·
6,734 Posts
Chris said it was a design flaw with the JR header. Instead of bending toward the passenger side of the car the piping goes straight. JR to my knowledge will not correct this. All of the other header designs should bolt up with zero problems.

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts
the exhaust comes with a silencer??? thats normaly a sign that its loud.
anyways, i have a comptech race header now and im wondering if i can use the adapter to connect the exhaust? and adapter is smaller on one side than the other, what i was going to do is have both sides opened to the same size and then use it to connect the 3" thermal. anyone know what im talking about?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yes, it has a silencer; pull bolt at bottom of tip to remove it.
Does the adapter come straight off the header and form a bend towards passenger side? It should to simulate the bend at end of stock cat. It's supposed to fit to a Comptech cat back exhaust.
Thermal has a bend at inlet to mate to stock cat. So Thermal B pipe starts at 2.5" and flares to 3" after first bend. In other words, it should fit. :spin:

·
Turbo RSX-S
112 Posts
No problems at all. It bolted right up perfect to my CN downpipe. I will make those sound clips when I get home.

·
Turbo RSX-S
112 Posts
With the silencer for now. I havent tried it without

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BrunotypeS said:
With the silencer for now. I havent tried it without
Isnt that defeating the purpose of having a free flowing exhaust?? cause it bottle necks it at the end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts