Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people have one installed? I just put a jackson racing race header on today and DAMN it pulls.

anyone else?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does yours rattle sometimes?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Im installing the Toda race header and Power Getter exhaust!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i need to figure out how to make it not hit the sway bar at low rpms. Mabye header wrap around it? ill try it tommrow and see what happens.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Did you feel a loss of low end power? Also, did you get an o2 sim or not? Do you get a CEL? Just curious ;)

Oh yeah...how's the interior noise with that header? Is it louder? The same?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Did you install the ES Motor mounts? It prevents the engine from flexing back and forth, which will stop the header from moving around as much, I think the JR usually comes with a set of polyeurethane motor mount inserts. Sorry if this is old news to you guys, better to try then to not try at all :)

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i bought this header used for 435 shipped. I used a carsound high flow cat and i dont have a CEL yet. I have some ES motor mounts in my garage ill put in eventually. But first im gonna try to wrap the sway bar and take off the heat shield underneath my car.

·
Registered
260 Posts
do you have an exhaust set up as well? and if so what size piping? i'm glad you like it 'cause that answers one of my threads!! you sure did get a deal on that JR race header you lucky bastard :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for performance all i have is Injen CAI, JRRH, Carsound high flow cat 2.5", DC Sports TCS 2.5", Revo short throw, clubrsx shift bushings, hondata intake gasket and gold line springs. The rest is in my profile. Im going to buy hondata in a couple of weeks. I cant wait!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
i'm excited for you!! planning on a dyno anytime soon after your hondata? i'm curious to see the numbers on a wicked setup like yours..

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
You should save your money for hondata and do a K20A2 head swap.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i thought about a head swap but im really not into it, i like having the fastest base model in my area, lol. Besides i have plans for it...like supercharger:D

·
Registered
200 Posts
NIce, if you got a camera, you should try and race a stock type-s or something and see who wins.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i wrapped the sway bar and it went away. What happend is Big Al's put my exhaust to high so it was vibrating against the bottom of my car making a ding ding ding noise so i wrapped and its gone.

I wanna race a stock type S. Ill start picking on them more :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
yeah, keep up posted when you find a stock type-s to mess around with..

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well tonight i raced a guy in a mustang with a 305, intake, pullies, exhaust, new gears and a intake manifold. We raced 3 times and the 2nd time i beat him by a car. The other 2 times he beat me by a car. The reason i know what he had is we pulled over to a store and talked and he popped the hood and showed me his stuff. It was a good race. the person said he ran a 13.9 best at the track but he wasnt hooking up tonight like he usally does, so im guessing hes around mid 14's?

anyways it was a fun night. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
so the JR race headers fit on the k20a3?

1 - 20 of 152 Posts