Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
BabyHonduhDrama
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok. So i know the information is probably on here somewhere, but all i keep seeing from people is... YES, NO, YES, NO to all the different things. I have Raceland Coilovers (yes, i know they are shitty coilovers). I am into the whole stance thing, and no i do not care if it is not your style. I am just trying to find a simple answer for my problem. i am currently running these coilovers with OEM top hats. I have come to notice that i need camber plates for my RSX to get the stance that i want.

WHAT CAMBER PLATES can i use to replace the OEM top hats on my coilovers for somewhere around -5 to -10 degrees of camber? and is there any other parts i need to buy to make them work?

i realize the simple for this is just better coilovers like Fortune Autos or something but i do not have $1500 laying around

just trying to get my stance/fitment without being a thousandaire :rotfl:

This is my current setup:

And i ordered these wheels recently. They are 17x10.5 +20 and i cannot get the fitment without cambering

·
Registered
553 Posts
For the rear just get an spc camber kit? for the fronts you'll need some pillowball top mounts. Tein maybe? But you'll run into a huge tie rod issue again once you acheive that height/camber. Good luck...

·
Registered
200 Posts
will need a aluminum upper spring perch then you can run the camber plates they sell on ebay or find a set of junk blown coilovers and rob the tophats

·
BabyHonduhDrama
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a link for these spring perches? And I already have raceland coilovers with OEM top hats. Why do I need top hats off a blown set?

·
Registered
200 Posts
by tophats i meant camber plates, you only option i know of is finding a set of blown coilovers that have camber plate and switch them over, or at very least getting the upper spring perch and running with the ebay camber plate. i have racelands and ebay camber plates and found out they will not work unless you have a aluminum upper spring perch to hold the spring off the camber plate. still looking for upper spring perchs atm.

·
Registered
200 Posts
those are the ones i bought off ebay, they will not work without a upper spring perch. look at all the pics of coilovers with camber plate and you will see how there is a plate on top of the spring, then a space, then the camber plate. the upper spring perch you used with the racelands was open like a big donut, the one you need is solid with a hole in the middle just big enuff for the shaft of the strut to go thru.

·
BabyHonduhDrama
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well do you know if there's something I can substitute for the spring perch? Or do you have a link to where I can buy a different type of camber plate that will fit the raceland coilovers?

·
Registered
200 Posts
no still looking myself, this guy sells caster plates and a upper spring perch is a option when buying the plates from him(used on progress type coils where oem tophats used). i have been meaning to call and see if he would sell just the perch buy itself

http://dvrace.com/caster/

·
BabyHonduhDrama
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I know about Todd's plates the da Vinci ones. But I'm not looking to pay $500 for some right now.. I just something to get me stanced until I can say up some money and buy coilovers that have camber plates already!

·
Registered
200 Posts
i was not recomending buy the caster plates but you can see he sells the upper spring perch seperate when you buy caster plates for like $55, i thought about try to see if he would just sell spring perch. look in this pics, see the round plate with hole just big enuff for the shock piston to go thru the middle and is sit on the top of the spring? thats what is needed, then you run a spacer on it, then your camber plate. that will space the plate out from the upper portion of the spring and let you adjust it. idk you may be able to call f&f and they may sell you just the upper spring perch.

Attachments

·
BabyHonduhDrama
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well see I don't even have camber plates yet and I found out that f&f sells camber plates for the DC5 for $50 a side. $100! and they may come with spring perches. If not, then I can get those from Todd and then BAM.. $155 for camber plates. I think I am going to order some f&f ones tomorrow since they are super cheap.

They look like they would work to me.!

·
BabyHonduhDrama
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'll make sure they if i go this route, crip, that i will take plenty of pics and right up another forum like i did with my other Raceland Tie Rod Issue thread.

·
Registered
200 Posts
call f&f and make sure you dont get upper pillowball mounts instead of camber plates, that does seems cheap for camber plates from them.

·
Registered
200 Posts
whatever you want to call them, i would call to ensure i got a upper mount that had camber adjustment before i ordered and a fixed upper mount show up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm having the same problem :( I think I'm just going to have to avoid all this craziness and invest in some f&f2 coilovers

·
Acura 4 Life!
13 Posts
I just purchased the plates from Da Vinci to go with my eBay MK1 Front Camber Plate Plates Strut Mounts and my Raceland coilovers. He was pretty cool with selling me just the 2 plates. I purchased them threw Paypal for $67 which includes priority mail shipping. I will let you all know how it works out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts