Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All!

I'm racing in Angola with an European EP3 Civic Type-R. This season changes to the engine&ECU are not allowed, but next year it will change.

I'm already preparing my "buy list" for next year, and this is how it looks so far:

1. KPRO (already purchased);
2. TODA Racing lightweight Flywheel 3.8Kg $375
3. TODA RACING DC5/EP3 K20A 4-2-1 Exhaust Manifold $834
4. TODA High Power Muffler System $850
5. Skunk2 Intake Manifold $479
6. Skunk2 Pro-Series Billet Throttle Body (70mm) $400
7. Password JDM Carbon Fiber Power Chamber Intake $259
8. Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket $50
9. Final drive $425

I have no doubts concerning points 1, 2, 3, 8 & 9.

1. I already have a 60mm supersprint line and muffler from the stock exhaust manifold on, should the TODA muffler system compensate in terms of HP?
2. Does the Skunk2 intake manifold makes sense?, or should I be better of with a stock RBC DC5 intake?. 70mm really sounds good and that's the only reason why I picked the Skunk.
3. Going for a RBC stock DC5 intake, what should I do with my stock 62mm throttle body?, I see 1020mbar of intake pressure at 2000rpms, and only [email protected], I'm pretty sure my stock intake+throttle body is quite limiting, and I'm not even using the KPRO yet ...
4. I'm already using a CAI that doesn't look too bad, the reason I picked the JDM chamber intake is because of its RAM efect, makes sense?

The final aim is 240-250hp without having to change the engine block, all your input (hp related) is highly appreciated!

Regards,

Luis

·
More go less show
967 Posts
Hi All!

I'm racing in Angola with an European EP3 Civic Type-R. This season changes to the engine&ECU are not allowed, but next year it will change.

I'm already preparing my "buy list" for next year, and this is how it looks so far:

2. TODA Racing lightweight Flywheel 3.8Kg $375 Ok
3. TODA RACING DC5/EP3 K20A 4-2-1 Exhaust Manifold $834 There is better out there, though its what I currently have and its worked ok for me to this point.
4. TODA High Power Muffler System $850 Definatly not the best bang for the buck to each his own. It is baller for sure though.
5. Skunk2 Intake Manifold $479 Buy a modded RBC from here and youll be much happier. And you could get your stock throttle body bored out like I did.
6. Skunk2 Pro-Series Billet Throttle Body (70mm) $400 May not be worth the money with your current mods.
7. Password JDM Carbon Fiber Power Chamber Intake $259 Buy an injen CAI instead.
8. Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket $50 :thumbsup:
9. Final drive .... :thumbsup:

I have no doubts concerning points 1, 2, 3, 8 & 9.

1. I already have a 60mm supersprint line and muffler from the stock exhaust manifold on, should the TODA muffler system compensate in terms of HP?
2. Does the Skunk2 intake manifold makes sense?, or should I be better of with a stock RBC DC5 intake?. 70mm really sounds good and that's the only reason why I picked the Skunk.
3. Going for a RBC stock DC5 intake, what should I do with my stock 62mm throttle body?, I see 1020mbar of intake pressure at 2000rpms, and only [email protected], I'm pretty sure my stock intake+throttle body is quite limiting, and I'm not even using the KPRO yet ...
4. I'm already using a CAI that doesn't look too bad, the reason I picked the JDM chamber intake is because of its RAM efect, makes sense?

The final aim is 240-250hp without having to change the engine block, all your input (hp related) is highly appreciated!

Regards,

Luis
Thats my opinion in the red. For a reference I have toda cams, header, exhaust, an rbc, cai, and Kpro and I only put down 233whp.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
yupp, exhaust is a waste, get RBC, a injen/aem/fujita Cold air intake, no need for skunk TB, and TODA header is nice but pricey, there are similar power making headers for half the price (KiddRacing, sold here on CRSX)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys!

I must say I'm feeling a lot happier!!!

Updated list:

3. KiddRACING K20 Krusher Header $500
4. Keeping the 60mm supersprint line+muffler $0
5. ClubRSX RBC Intake Manifold $300
6. Stock throttle body bored out to 65mm $255
7. Keeping the carbon CAI I already have $0
9. Final drive $425

I've already met someone that says is able to bore the stock throttle to 65mm for $255, should that be enough for putting 1bar on the manifold up to 9000rpm?

Regarding the injen CAI I've seen a "Club RSX Edition Injen Cold Air Intake" that looks nice, the problem is that from the picture it looks like it gets the air somewhere below the left headlight, well, that's exactly where I have the intake for the left brake cooling system .... My CAI has the filter exactly where the headlight used to be, would that make any difference?

ktec: yeap, from my logs I also have the feeling the exhaust doesn't make too much of a difference. Concerning the intake, well, that's a completely different matter ...

You guys gave me a pretty good scare with your hp ratings, I mean .... You speak of wheel horse power, right?, here we normally refer to engine horse power measured at the crankshaft, your measure makes a lot more sense I must confess!!!, ufff!

Thanks a lot!!!

·
I WILL DESTROY YOU!
2,176 Posts
Thanks guys!

I must say I'm feeling a lot happier!!!

Updated list:

3. KiddRACING K20 Krusher Header $500
4. Keeping the 60mm supersprint line+muffler $0
5. ClubRSX RBC Intake Manifold $300
6. Stock throttle body bored out to 65mm $255
7. Keeping the carbon CAI I already have $0
9. Final drive ....

I've already met someone that says is able to bore the stock throttle to 65mm for $255, should that be enough for putting 1bar on the manifold up to 9000rpm?

Regarding the injen CAI I've seen a "Club RSX Edition Injen Cold Air Intake" that looks nice, the problem is that from the picture it looks like it gets the air somewhere below the left headlight, well, that's exactly where I have the intake for the left brake cooling system .... My CAI has the filter exactly where the headlight used to be, would that make any difference?

ktec: yeap, from my logs I also have the feeling the exhaust doesn't make too much of a difference. Concerning the intake, well, that's a completely different matter ...

You guys gave me a pretty good scare with your hp ratings, I mean .... You speak of wheel horse power, right?, here we normally refer to engine horse power measured at the crankshaft, your measure makes a lot more sense I must confess!!!, ufff!

Thanks a lot!!!
Ditch the Toda flywheel and go with a Competition Clutch. Cheaper, same thing. Great quality.

·
Banned
8,155 Posts
You probly have to get a battery relocation kit with the powerchamber if you go that route. its over $450 in all. I got a Injen CAI, get one.

·
Point and Shoot?
2,493 Posts
Are you going to be running cams? If not i doubt u will even come close to those numbers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You probly have to get a battery relocation kit with the powerchamber if you go that route. its over $450 in all. I got a Injen CAI, get one.
The battery is long gone from the engine compartiment, it's right next to me where the right front seat used to be. I must get some pictures of my CAI ...

Luis

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you going to be running cams? If not i doubt u will even come close to those numbers.
Well, I'm aiming for 220 of your whp, that should be 240-250 of my horse power at the flywheel.

I'm not thinking of changing the cams. I don't want to touch the engine, the last thing I want is to limit the engine's reliability, I actually prefer finishing all races with no risk of engine failure in detriment of 10 or maybe 15 whp.

Thanks,

Luis

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi guys,

I'm running into some trouble with the throttle body, I don't seem to find a local solution to bore out the stock throttle, at least nothing that offers reliability.

I ran into an OBX 70mm TB for $185, what do you think about that?, would it work properly with the ClubRSX RBC Intake Manifold?. By the way, does anyone know what's the inner diameter of the RBC?. A 70mm TB really sounds good, but if the manifold is nowhere near that, what's the point?

Thanks!

Luis

·
I WILL DESTROY YOU!
2,176 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm running into some trouble with the throttle body, I don't seem to find a local solution to bore out the stock throttle, at least nothing that offers reliability.

I ran into an OBX 70mm TB for $185, what do you think about that?, would it work properly with the ClubRSX RBC Intake Manifold?. By the way, does anyone know what's the inner diameter of the RBC?. A 70mm TB really sounds good, but if the manifold is nowhere near that, what's the point?

Thanks!

Luis

Send your TB here: http://www.maxbore.com/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts