Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...i just got my 05 rsx yesterday. i got a set of Ractive Sport Chrome Pedals from clubrsx (part TOU-TP702A). i bought from clubrsx because i assumed they would fit my rsx pedals lol. well, i didnt try to attatch them yet, but just by holding them up to my stock pedals, i can see they're WAY to big for them. when either the new brake or gas pedal is held centered on stock pedal, not all of the screw holes still touch the stock pedal. they go over it. what am i supposed to do? the new gas pedal is like 3 times as big as the stock pedal. anybody buy these pedals? what do you think clubrsx will tell me when i call tomorrow? i got the pedals like 2 weeks ago, and the plastic package it was in i totally destroyed. so that might hurt me in trying to return it. please give me some advice!
 

·
2 Shea
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
chris and diedra are the ppl who own this site and store, there screen names are "K20A2" is chris. PM him
 

·
Rice-picker
Joined
·
2,637 Posts
well i took a quick look at the pedals u were talking about on the site...and to me they look like the ones that cover ur stock ones....from the ones i've seen that are like that...the screws are to hold medal peices together and clamps ur stock pedal to the aftermarket pedals, so if the screw holes aren't on ur pedal that's a normal thing....whatelse is in the box? is the like screw, pedals, bolts? or is there medal peices and springs and stuff too....I'll see if i can find a picture of what i mean where the aftermarket pedals are kinda like a casing for the stock ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Riceoroni said:
well i took a quick look at the pedals u were talking about on the site...and to me they look like the ones that cover ur stock ones....from the ones i've seen that are like that...the screws are to hold medal peices together and clamps ur stock pedal to the aftermarket pedals, so if the screw holes aren't on ur pedal that's a normal thing....whatelse is in the box? is the like screw, pedals, bolts? or is there medal peices and springs and stuff too....I'll see if i can find a picture of what i mean where the aftermarket pedals are kinda like a casing for the stock ones.

hey, thanks for takin the time to give me some info. on the back of the brake pedal, there are like 2 long, narrow, pieces of metal that i think i'm supposed to put on after i drill the pedal onto the stock pedal to keep it from moving or something? i dont really know what they're for.

and with the gas pedal, all it has are the bolts. on the instructions, it definitley says i need to drill them into the peddals. i know what you were talking about, like covers that just go over the pedals. but when i bought them, i spoke to clubrsx and they specifically siad that you drill these on.

i dont get it! the stock gas pedal is like 4 inches long! its so fuckin small. how are you supposed to drill ANYTHING onto it? especially a pedal thats 200 times bigger than it? if i have time tomrorow, i'll try to take some pics of the size differences between the new pedals and the stock ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,910 Posts
maybe they sent you an automatic gas pedal with two smaller right sized ones for the brake and clutch??

And yes of course you need to do some drilling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,670 Posts
post up a pic of the pedals and your stock pedals. i'm curious why they don't it. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
iVtecMmm said:
maybe they sent you an automatic gas pedal with two smaller right sized ones for the brake and clutch??
no, i've got an AT RSX. it was a packaged set...brake and gas pedals for automatic transmission car. so they couldnt have messed up one of the pedals, it came together. but that woulda been a good solution.....well, i guess we'll find out whats gonna happen tomorrow when i call
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,910 Posts
i really dont see why they wouldnt fit... you need to take out the drill !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Update!

finally figured it out!!!!!

these pedals dont require drilling...thats why the screw holes on the pedals exceeded the stock pedal.

the pedals came with a bunch of skinny metal pieces which i had no idea what to do with. but i finally realized that these metal pieces screw together to form a bracket that goes on the back of the stock pedal. then the new pedal screws into the BRACKET...NOT the actual pedal.

so pretty much, the new pedal and back bracket sandwhich the stock pedal. break pedal was easy as hell to install. the gas pedal took about 3 fucking hours. right now, i'm FREEZING and my back kills from being wedged in down there. gonna go take a hot shower :wavey:
 

·
CuJo™
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
Post Pics man when u get em installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Have you tried duck-tape. There are various colors, this way you can make it blend in as much as possible. :confused: J/K lol. Post pics, maybe someone can help! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
B_Man said:
Have you tried duck-tape. There are various colors, this way you can make it blend in as much as possible. :confused: J/K lol. Post pics, maybe someone can help! :thumbsup:
hahaha

good idea, but you probably didnt see my last post. I finally got them on. I'll post pics tomorrow probably. Way too damn cold to go outside now :sleep:
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top