Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
just remove the few bolts that hold the radiator support and gently pull it forward, dont forget the bottom bolt. the shroud is in the way of removing the fan then the motor. when reassembling, the lower support goes behind the flange and bolt goes thru hole into threads in lower radiator support. dont want your hood flying up.

·
Banned
1 Posts
First, disconnect the battery. Next, locate the fan. It will be behind the radiator. Use the screwdriver to remove the fan. Be careful, as the fan may be hot. Install the new fan in the reverse order. Reconnect the battery, and start the car. The new fan should be working.

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
First, disconnect the battery. Next, locate the fan. It will be behind the radiator. Use the screwdriver to remove the fan. Be careful, as the fan may be hot. Install the new fan in the reverse order. Reconnect the battery, and start the car. The new fan should be working.
the guy asked if there was a way to replace the radiator without removing the front bulkhead and intake, not vague step by step instructions that are incorrect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
just remove the few bolts that hold the radiator support and gently pull it forward, dont forget the bottom bolt. the shroud is in the way of removing the fan then the motor. when reassembling, the lower support goes behind the flange and bolt goes thru hole into threads in lower radiator support. dont want your hood flying up.
I agree with the above. Is there a specific reason or issue prohibiting you from removing the rad support?

I have a recurring issue with my electrical system (probably self-induced thanks to the two amps I have in the back powering my sub and my component speakers) that compels me to replace the alternator often. I have found that removing the top bolts to the rad support and shifting the support and the rad gives me plenty more room to access the alternator bolts. Thus, I have removed and reinstalled the rad support bolts many times and have never had any problems; it is an easy process. I even had to replace the rad support to install a new front latch. Biggest PITA was the bottom bolt, but, with patience and persistence, it can be done. However, if your arms are way beefier than the average man, you may want to employ the services of a skinnier-armed person. Getting up in there can be a tight squeeze!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with the above. Is there a specific reason or issue prohibiting you from removing the rad support?

I have a recurring issue with my electrical system (probably self-induced thanks to the two amps I have in the back powering my sub and my component speakers) that compels me to replace the alternator often. I have found that removing the top bolts to the rad support and shifting the support and the rad gives me plenty more room to access the alternator bolts. Thus, I have removed and reinstalled the rad support bolts many times and have never had any problems; it is an easy process. I even had to replace the rad support to install a new front latch. Biggest PITA was the bottom bolt, but, with patience and persistence, it can be done. However, if your arms are way beefier than the average man, you may want to employ the services of a skinnier-armed person. Getting up in there can be a tight squeeze!
i ended up removing the rad support and pulling it out. removing the battery and battery tray helped a bit too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts