Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Turkish Delight
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disconnected my battery to work on my car, installed new short shifter and cmc and now the stock radio wont turn on. The red anti theft light flashes like the car is off when everything else is on???

·
Cheesehead For Life
1,319 Posts
did it ask you to enter the a code?

·
Turkish Delight
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it wont turn on at all. The lights on the numbers and everything light up but the screen wont come on or ask for a code. Even when im drivin the anti theft light flashes

·
Super Moderator
23,819 Posts
stupid question but you tried hitting the power button first

·
Registered
127 Posts
You can try a battery reset . Disconnect the possitive and negative cable touch them together or a zip tie so they stay together and turn the ignition key to the on position . Leave it for about 20 minutes turn the key off reconnect the battery cables and try it again .

·
Turkish Delight
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I havent tried the battery reset thing yet but just tryna get more feedback. Its not asking for the code at all, i kno the code, but its acting like the radio is off and the anti theft light is still flashing red

·
Tuna Luna
2,585 Posts
recheck all the fuses. under the hood and under the dash. i had a similar problem awhile back and a blown fuse was the problem.

·
Cheesehead For Life
1,319 Posts
So....problem fixed?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sorry to bring this up again but I'm having a similar problem minus the anti theft light blinking...What fuse did you replace?

·
Tuna Luna
2,585 Posts
just check all of them in the engine bay first. use a light tester to check them or check one by one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts