Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will rain-x have any short or long-run negative effects on my windshield and windows? will it damage my wipers? what about fog-x?

do you suggest i use these products?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
to my knowledge rain-x will not harm your windows or wipers. and i suggest you use rain-x if you like the effect it gives (sheeting water from windshield).

i have no experience with fog-x

·
SHIFT_
5,022 Posts
It's amazing! :thumbsup: I hardly use my wipers when it rains...of course you'll need to apply several times and continue using it.

As for the Fog-X...no luck but it did worked on my '99 Grand AM/V6 :dontknow:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im asking because i read on honda-acura.net that rain-x rots your wiper's rubber or somethin.. :dontknow:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Been using rain-x for a couple of months, like not having to use the wipers at highway speeds, particularly at night. Would assume wipers would last longer since you don't use them as much but they should normally be replaced once a year anyways.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and they still wipe like brand new? good shit..time for me to go pick up a bottle of rain-x :) and fog-x too..hate always adjusting my knobs

·
Department's Peon
640 Posts
:confused: I’ve used rain-x before but have anyone notice that at night when a light shines through the glass there seem to be a coating of oil or something on the windshield..

·
Registered
48 Posts
chinkyntz said:
:confused: I’ve used rain-x before but have anyone notice that at night when a light shines through the glass there seem to be a coating of oil or something on the windshield..

Yes, its a noticable glare from the street lights everytime the wipers come on and disappears quickly. Have gotten used to it and still think its better than without rain-x.

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
Use rain-X washer fluid...works great.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
I haven't heard any reports about problems with Rain-X, you can use it safely as far as I know.

·
In Your Mouth
430 Posts
Rain-X is one of the worst products out there. You will develop a cloudy film on your winshield which will hinder visibilty in direct sunlight, and it will rot your wipers more quickly. BTW, you still have to use your winshield wipers in the rain. I don't know why people think otherwise. I don't know of anything else like rain-x that works OK.

Rain-X :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

·
Department's Peon
640 Posts
i never used rain-X on my front windshield anymore ever snice that werid coating, only use it on the side windows and rear.

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
DC5RSX said:
Rain-X is one of the worst products out there. You will develop a cloudy film on your winshield which will hinder visibilty in direct sunlight, and it will rot your wipers more quickly. BTW, you still have to use your winshield wipers in the rain. I don't know why people think otherwise. I don't know of anything else like rain-x that works OK.

Have you ever used it??? I have for some time now and it does NOTHING to accelerate wiper wear. The point of rain-x is NOT to eliminate wiper use...it's to make clearing water easier.

...and if you have used it and got a cloudy film...you're putting it on wrong.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
DC5RSX said:

you are not cleaning your windows good enough before using rain-x. i have used it many, many times and have never seen this film you are describing. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I read somehwere on this forum that ppl said once you start with rainX you have to keep using it or else it screws up your windshield or blades or sth like that. Im holding off of getting it....just tthinking of getting new blades...my stock blades were kinda destroyed over this past winter what with having to constantly use them to get salt and what not off...oh and my iced over windshields....bad...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts