Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
well, first and foremost you need different cams that will take advantage of the higher redline, cause there is no point in raising it now. but youll need to upgrade the valvetrain, and get an ecu upgrade or the likes to change the rev limiter

·
Registered
991 Posts
lets put it this way if you have to ask it is not the mod for you. if you are that serious you should consider going all racecar cause if you mess with the car that much no warranty at all left over.

·
Extremely Over the Top
509 Posts
BEDSTRAPS said:
I want it. I want the cams, valve train, and ecu flash. How much?
shoulda bought a S2000 then

it already has all the stuff you want

9000 rpm redline

hand built

40 more hp

only 10K $$$ more :)

4 ur rsx

ECU flash 600

camz prolly like 1200 for both if they even make them yet

valve springs 2-300 bucks if they make em

just be happy with the 8600 redline after the ecu flash or go out and buy a mustang or something faster alreagy:confused: :rolleyes: :( :eek: :spin:

·
Registered
244 Posts
toda cams and toda valve springs or just type r cams

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
heres some help...........if all u wanna do is raise your redline 1k more go get the hondata flash and your done, your rev limit is at 8900 thats exactly 1k more from stock redline...

hondata-600$
type r cam gears(pair)-200$
type r cam shafts(pair)-500$
type r valve springs n retianers-250$
toda spec b cam gears(pair)-300$
toda spec b cam shafts(pair)-980$
toda valve springs n retainers-360$

these are all estimates but should be very close according to some research ive done(and tons of research on toda its good shit:thumbsup: )

·
Wreakin Havoc
1,654 Posts
I dont want to raise it that much without a new valve train. Shoulda bought an S2K..... maybe. I like what I got now though and I am really going for the sleeper effect. Less insurance than an S2K.

G

·
haha Yea, if we all had an extra 10K in our pockets we wouldn't have bought this car anyway. :rolleyes: That's why we bought it and want to upgrade it piece by piece. It's affordable that way. And knowing myself and many others like me, the S2000 would stay stock for oh let's see.....maybe about 3 minutes before I'd start throwing money at that too. :laughing: Then Mr. ItsSoCheap would be telling us to buy an NSX cuz it already has everything we want. And you can be assured that there's some NSX guys out there who mod their cars only to be told to just buy a Ferrari cuz it has everything they want.

·
Extremely Over the Top
509 Posts
ptracy26 said:
haha Yea, if we all had an extra 10K in our pockets we wouldn't have bought this car anyway. :rolleyes: That's why we bought it and want to upgrade it piece by piece. It's affordable that way. And knowing myself and many others like me, the S2000 would stay stock for oh let's see.....maybe about 3 minutes before I'd start throwing money at that too. :laughing: Then Mr. ItsSoCheap would be telling us to buy an NSX cuz it already has everything we want. And you can be assured that there's some NSX guys out there who mod their cars only to be told to just buy a Ferrari cuz it has everything they want.

ha...ur funny ! :) :p

Ferrari huh?

...nah, cheap car ...they are to flimsy

might as well go for a McLaren F1 if you are going to upgrade at all...

u could prolly find a cheap used one some where for $950,000 bucks or there abouts :eek:

hope that helpz :)

·
what the problem is ?
3,875 Posts
NonstopRSX said:
WHEN DOES THE MADNESS END?! :laughing:
GEEE..... LET ME THINK...:rolleyes:
NEVER :laughing: :p :laughing: :thumbsup: :laughing: :wavey: :iamwiths:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.