Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Hustla Supreme
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lots of other 14.2s and some bad runs - bad traction night for me! New Toyos go on next wednesday. Here's my best trap tonight!

Attachments

·
Hustla Supreme
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hell Yeah. We have Sport Compact Only night tomorrow but I am up in the air whether I will go or not.

Have you tried using two 16" stock RSX spare tires in back to degrease surface area tire drag?

I want to get some drag radials and use the donuts in back so that I can really nail a good run.

I had no idea how hard the last 2 tenths would be. You have my respect for being the first JD!

·
Banned
9 Posts
I have the 205/55 Azenis and I tried putting the 215/45's in the back because they weigh like 8 lbs less each - I ran the same or slower, I think it threw off the balance of the car because I was leaning backwards in a way

but if they were the same diameter - results would obviously be better

Those last tenths are by far the hardest - thanks man

·
Hustla Supreme
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right on - it won't hurt to try. I did try running open b-pipe at the resonator and found out that I lost performance. I guess the only way to find out about the donuts is to let em rip and if it sucks I can take em off and put my stockers with michis back on.

I hear the lighter/stickier toyos will get me better 60' times than the 2.105 that I have already hit. I have friends in preludes and gutted 4th gen accords getting 1.8s with slicks - I might borrow slicks on TE37s for a couple passes.

·
Hustla Supreme
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Luck Mikey.....

I'm probably going to run again tomorrow. I would like to try something new to crack that 13 second barrier!!!

maybe I should take off my power steering belt and drain the fluid? hahaha

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
man thats some torchure on your car:eek: and I thought draggin it once or twice a month was a lot. Sheesh!

peace out
mikey

·
Hustla Supreme
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it's broken in and it likes it from what I can tell :laughing:

i used to take my 99Si out all the time and that's how I became a better driver.

more practice equals better and more consistent times!

I still miss 2nd sometimes when I powershift! OOPS!

·
Registered
318 Posts
ArCbLuRsXtYpEs said:
man thats some torchure on your car:eek: and I thought draggin it once or twice a month was a lot. Sheesh!

peace out
mikey
Heh I certainly didn't buy this car to hit redline once every 3 days !!:)

·
Oct '01 OG!
4,463 Posts
amen to that

·
Hustla Supreme
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I can see that is true. Actually I have some slightly better than stock tires - Eagle HPs same size as stock on my stocker rims but I am getting the Toyos this coming week.

jdkindle, you are driving really good bro - no question! I am hoping to head your way mid February - I'm in process of planning out my vacation time from work right now. I'm headed to Panama City FL to get my truck, my dog and my set of pings to bring them back to AZ. I moved back out here in my car last JUNE!

I want to meet up with you in Houston and make some passes in the 13s with you. It will be cool for everyone to see a couple RSX S running each other in the 13s. I think we would definately make a good name for this car and simple bolt ons just to show what you're doing is no fluke! WORD!

Those are some sick, nasty times you are running., I ran again Thursday night but it was a pretty warm night. I dropped some good 60' times but the track was so loaded with sticky shit from the top fuelers running the day before. I didn't come off the line too aggressive for fear of snapping an axel.

I was powershift into second gear and hear the slight chirp and my car would slam forward. - it was sticky!!! - a normal shift going into second usually resulted in a wheel hopping burn out bad enuff to turn my windshield wipers on.

Toyos and motor mounts will definately help me...

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
hustla what would be ur time if correct due to altitude?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts