Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Got Polish?
7,858 Posts
You were commenting on loud injectors, and the only thing that listens to the motor is the knock sensor. That's why I went down that path.

yeah. I just know its something to do with the large injectors. Cuz I got this code about a year ago when I was stock and had just got my 1000cc injectors installed. All I had was walbro fuel pump , k pro , and after the injectors I got this code. My friend said he knew it wasnt misfiring cuz I would know, hear it / feel it etc etc. I disabled obd2 and never had a problem again. I ran an 11.81 after going turbo and with the obd2 still off. I think the obd2 sensors are to sensitive and want to sense everything as stock so when you are not it picks up wierd shit. idk just a hypothesis.

·
glory to the hypnotoad
6,295 Posts
yeah. I just know its something to do with the large injectors. Cuz I got this code about a year ago when I was stock and had just got my 1000cc injectors installed. All I had was walbro fuel pump , k pro , and after the injectors I got this code. My friend said he knew it wasnt misfiring cuz I would know, hear it / feel it etc etc. I disabled obd2 and never had a problem again. I ran an 11.81 after going turbo and with the obd2 still off. I think the obd2 sensors are to sensitive and want to sense everything as stock so when you are not it picks up wierd shit. idk just a hypothesis.
Strange.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was missfiring at random with injectors that large, but with no real impact to you. For instance, I bet you really were missing in some small percentage at low load vacuum with those huge injectors. I bet if you set your car to idle at 13:1 a/f, it would have gone away as well.

That's my hypothesis.

·
Got Polish?
7,858 Posts
Strange.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was missfiring at random with injectors that large, but with no real impact to you. For instance, I bet you really were missing in some small percentage at low load vacuum with those huge injectors. I bet if you set your car to idle at 13:1 a/f, it would have gone away as well.

That's my hypothesis.
I beleive my car does idle at 13:1 a/f or very close to it.

·
glory to the hypnotoad
6,295 Posts
I beleive my car does idle at 13:1 a/f or very close to it.
Regardless, I bet the misfires were real, but of no consequence. A car can miss at low load, hell, a whole cylinder can be disabled by pulling an injector clip, and it can sound perfectly fine. Misfires under high load are obvious on the dyno on the other hand.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Regardless, I bet the misfires were real, but of no consequence. A car can miss at low load, hell, a whole cylinder can be disabled by pulling an injector clip, and it can sound perfectly fine. Misfires under high load are obvious on the dyno on the other hand.
Under low load is when my car tends to read misfire, never at idle but after a 9k rip sometimes when i coast back down i get these codes and the engine seems to be perfectly fine, not real sure what to do about the problem since it comes and goes. I am not running larger injectors either.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the same problems at high RPM no misfire at all but I get the damn CEL blinking, K20 is way to senstive
I am having the same problem at high rpm's over 8k, when i coast back down sometimes my cel starts flashing and when i read the code in kpro i get cylinders 1-4 misfire and random misfire, yet i have no evidence of misfire at all, car seems to pull very hard and never hesitates, in for answer.
Im having this problem too
Having same problem... have any of u guys figured out the cause?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts