Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an ad on Facebook marketplace. I was convinced it was a fake. Advertised was a 2004 Rsx Type S A Spec with optional dealership Jackson Racing supercharger. Only 300 A Spec were sold, who knows how many with the Jackson Racing option, but maybe a handful? Idk...

The guy selling would not send me additional pictures. He was kinda strange in our communication, but I decided to drive three hours and risk it.

I introduce you to my new baby. What you see is how it came stock. I have window sticker, all dealership paperwork, including the break down on original cost. While the regular Type S was priced at $23k, this was just under $40k from dealer. Thus, very limited.

I'm happy to have a Rsx in my life again after 6 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! It is a keeper. Truly shocked. First time on this site in years. Seems to have died down a bit.

·
You John Rambo?
384 Posts
That’s freaking cool! And I went back to the RSX after 6 years As well . Good luck with that, how much did you pay, mileage, any odd VIN info on it? It must have the rare A-spec emblem on the hatch? Cool thread!

·
You John Rambo?
384 Posts
I suppose it was a dealer add on, I bet it took a long time to sell that car at or around that price.

·
Registered
262 Posts
That’s pretty cool! Looks legit except the headlights and yellow fogs are not stock, probably what the previous owner put on.
I would have imagined the Honda dealer authorizing a Comptech supercharger, as they have a very good partnership with each other. For example the HPD CR-Z offered with a comptech supercharger.

Reactions: Adrian2781

·
#Inkpot
5,191 Posts
Wow, neat.

Also in for price and mileage on this unicorn.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I saw an ad on Facebook marketplace. I was convinced it was a fake. Advertised was a 2004 Rsx Type S A Spec with optional dealership Jackson Racing supercharger. Only 300 A Spec were sold, who knows how many with the Jackson Racing option, but maybe a handful? Idk...

The guy selling would not send me additional pictures. He was kinda strange in our communication, but I decided to drive three hours and risk it.

I introduce you to my new baby. What you see is how it came stock. I have window sticker, all dealership paperwork, including the break down on original cost. While the regular Type S was priced at $23k, this was just under $40k from dealer. Thus, very limited.

Send us photos of the optional Jackson racing supercharger! I had no idea that was a thing!

·
Registered
458 Posts

This is sick. If you don’t mind me asking, this WAS 40k from the dealer, But we’re you able to get a good deal?

·
Registered
458 Posts
That’s pretty cool! Looks legit except the headlights and yellow fogs are not stock, probably what the previous owner put on.
I would have imagined the Honda dealer authorizing a Comptech supercharger, as they have a very good partnership with each other. For example the HPD CR-Z offered with a comptech supercharger.
I don’t think the comptech is 50 state legal. Whereas the jr supercharger is legal. This might be the reason. Who knows, I had no idea that this was even a thing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I never knew comptech had a relationship with Honda? What cars other than apparently the rsx has optional packages? That is pretty cool though.

·
You John Rambo?
384 Posts
OP post some pretty crappy pics for this supposed rare bird? No proof of anything really, is this what the kids today like to call a ‘Catfish’?

is this car the product of a coked out car dealership owner ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Comptech Racing supercharger is CARB legal yes.

Yeah they used to make racing engines for Honda long long ago.
Then they changed their name to CT-Engineering but they shutdown their company a couple years ago.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ladies and Gents,

For some odd reason I did not get any notifications.

As to comments. . . The headlights and fog lights were both dealership options. Receipts from dealership show just this. The A Spec had black housing headlight option as well as an additional 450$ for yellow fogs.

As for the condition...... it is amazing. All V.I.N.s match. Mileage is 180k. High miles, but tight and new feeling. The maintenance as been impeccable.

As for price. . . . . . I got an amazing deal. I bought a tsx for 900 and a 5spd Crv for 1600. Sold them both for exactly what I got this car for. I have maybe 3500 into this car out of pocket. Seller sold it to me for about what a clean base model goes for.

Thermal Research and Development have sponsored the car already. The exhaust will go on next week.

I will look for the Rsx Owners group as suggested and make a post there.

I am glad to be back in one of my favorite cars of all time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OP post some pretty crappy pics for this supposed rare bird? No proof of anything really, is this what the kids today like to call a ‘Catfish’?

is this car the product of a coked out car dealership owner ?

Sorry to be catfishing around here. I just didnt get any notifications. Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Did he not know what he had on his hands? I would assume you bought this for around 6-7k. An immaculate base model would sell for around that price, no?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts