Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Did he not know what he had on his hands? I would assume you bought this for around 6-7k. An immaculate base model would sell for around that price, no?
Much less.

I plan on going through it and either putting it up as a restored rare car or keeping it.

I was shocked to see just how clean it is. I literally thought it was a fake ad.

·
You John Rambo?
454 Posts
Interesting...pretty darn cool man. Can’t be many out there, amazing price you got it for.

kinda sad somebody drove this gem a lot.

How many owners?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
At first I felt the same way. However, with how impeccable the car is, it serves as a reassurance as to the care it has received its whole life.

I'm the 3rd.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Did it come with the A-spec metallic interior trim as well? A-spec lowered springs and brake pads too?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Congratulations on the grab man

·
エアロキット&#
2004 Acura RSX Type S Milano Red
5,679 Posts
As to comments. . . The headlights and fog lights were both dealership options. Receipts from dealership show just this. The A Spec had black housing headlight option as well as an additional 450$ for yellow fogs.
The dealership may have installed those aftermarket items, but neither of them are factory. The only "yellow" fog lights sold and made by honda were a jdm ion yellow option. They were not full lens yellow like that color yellow. Also, the housings around the fogs are the knockoff version with the molded in ring, the oem does not have this. So you may have a oem harness and switch with aftermarket fog housing and light or the whole system may be aftermarket.

Also, there were no black housing oem option, accessory type factory USDM Honda made headlight for 02-04 model. Only overseas only. Only chrome housing was available. If the clear lens does not have "Honda" on the inner corner - then they are aftermarket headlights. Hold no value honestly.

To be era correct, the car should have oem chrome headlights and oem clear fog lights.

Nice car regardless, rare option!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Also I believe that there were no rsx cars sold as a spec models but more of a dealership option package. I’m curious what your source is when you mention that only 300 some a spec models were sold.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Anyone who pays for a depreciating asset such as a car expecting a good return by not driving it is an utter moron. These cars are made to be driven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
BOM Rider
2,062 Posts
Anyone who pays for a depreciating asset such as a car expecting a good return by not driving it is an utter moron. These cars are made to be driven.

I wonder if the low mileage Integra type r owners and low mileage em1 owners agree with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
262 Posts
I wonder if the low mileage Integra type r owners and low mileage em1 owners agree with you

For the amount of time, maintenance, and headache to keep them in good shape and not drive them, i assure you, you’re better off dumping that money into the stock market. Buy what you like and drive the fuck out of it. That’s what they’re made for.

·
BOM Rider
2,062 Posts
For the amount of time, maintenance, and headache to keep them in good shape and not drive them, i assure you, you’re better off dumping that money into the stock market. Buy what you like and drive the fuck out of it. That’s what they’re made for.

Not saying my dc5 is the same case as the previously mentioned cars but, I haven’t really driven my BOM since 2013-2014. It doesn’t take up much time or money. I have a whole shelf of oem parts for the maintenance, and every stock part apart from the oem wheels even an oem a spec kit. Buying what you like and doing what you wants perfectly fine. I love the car just don’t have time for it

21 - 35 of 35 Posts