Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i had my Ingalls Torque Damper installed, Well now every time i push the clutch in or come off the line from a dead stop, I hear this annoying ass rattling noise. Anyone had this problem before? And I still get wheelhop when shifting.

·
DC5 and JZA80 Driver
381 Posts
I run the Ingalls TD with my stock mounts and I get some rattling too, but it is expected. I suggest you try using dynamat on the strut attachment bracket like I've seen people do. That may help reduce or stop the rattling noise that you are hearing. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
My car with TD and ESMM shakes like mad....I kinda like it tho, its like a massage:D

That is until all the annoying rattling started...the dashboard is commonly the culprit on the RSX for rattling after installing a TD or ESMM's.

Either live with it dude or sell the TD:thumbsup:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay well, thats good to know im not the only one with this rattling noise. Makes me feel alot better lol. I thought it might have been a defect or something.

·
No Longer Blown...
3,429 Posts
Is it a rattling noise from the car itself or from the TD? If from the car itself some Dynamat Xtreme will cure the vibs A LOT. if from the TD itself, 2x check the fitment cuz u may have a loose bolt that can sound like buzzing and is really annoying!

·
REP TEH BOOBIES!!
5,819 Posts
yeah same here....Dan was a nice guy but their products suck and their warranty policy sucks even worst I had to pay to get the replacement shipped to me! $10.45. that's bs too because to ship it to them only cost me like $6.00. that shit rattled like no other. makes my car seem like an old buick or some shit like that!

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,280 Posts
I had the rattling, then I installed the ESMM. still rattled. A couple weeks ago my car started making a loud pop, loud enough I could hear it in the car and feel it in the floorboard. I thought it might be the CV joint so I took it to the dealer. After they had it for 2 days they called me and said the TD was loose and was making a popping noise so they tightened it and didn't charge me. It stayed fine for a few weeks but now its making the noise again. I think Im just going to take it off and throw it away. I never noticed a difference with the thing on anyways.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts