Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a slight rattling sound on my car. Sounds like it's in the engine bay.
I only hear it at idle like sitting in a drive thru. It goes away as soon as I start moving. If I shift to park it stops for a few seconds before coming back, and does the same when going from park to drive.

Any ideas?
I'm out of warranty so hopefully something cheap.

Car is 2003 base auto, 63k miles.

·
PPG Krew
5,477 Posts
heh maybe check all the heat shields and what not but its an rsx and notorious for developing them...as well as in the dash. even worse with a torque damper and motor mounts! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heh maybe check all the heat shields and what not but its an rsx and notorious for developing them...as well as in the dash. even worse with a torque damper and motor mounts! :thumbsup:
how can I check that myself?
pics would be great

is it something broken or just like a loose bolt?

I don't know much about car parts, obviously

·
del
7,360 Posts
Heat shield.

I wasn't going to bother doing anything about it, but when I took my car to the dealership to get an alignment they fixed it with some clamp or something for free.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Is the hood closed when it rattles? because mine was rattling for a while. The hood itself was causing the rattle when i pushed down on the hood it stopped

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
I have a rattle and I have come to the conclusion that it is that lever that you use to open your hood, the one under your hood. I think that's rattling on mine,

·
i love beer
1,504 Posts
I got a rattle somewhere on the right side of the car, either in the door or the vent/golvebox. When ever I listen to music I hear the rattle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts