Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After it was installed everything was fine except for the intake system. I used a injen elbow with a injen mega ram short ram intake... Shouldnt there be not clearance problems?? My intake wants to go way over to the motor if i fit it on the way its suppose to fit.. Any help? Searched first as well...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no camera so ill rephrase. What set up do the the people with 02-04 type s with rbc have intake wise? Cause my injen short ram is not working...:mad:

·
they call me..
177 Posts
i went to a shop who had random aluminum intake bends and some extra couplers and threw something together that connected it perfectly to the injen mega ram

·
I like soup
1,853 Posts
Hey TS. Is this what you are saying the problem is?

The end of the intake wants to hit the motor (red circle)? Because the end of the RBC ( red arrow) bends slightly more inward than the stock intake manifold???

If this is the case I would think you may have to cut or somehow modify your stock elbow (black piece) to make it work. Or try to find an alternate elbow that will work.

·
( ‾ʖ̫‾)
34,537 Posts
i had to modify my intake piping when i installed my rbc, it's a cold air but still had problems with fitment and clearance.

·
Absolute Pro-Formance
15,515 Posts
Still no pix?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I run a CAI with my RBC and the only fitment issue I see is with the radiator hose. Nothing a little bit of brute force can't take care of!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts