Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a RBC intake manifold with hondata iMG.

And today was the first day that I actually got to floor it...,
it actually felt slower. vtec isn't as loud or distinctive..,
and car just felt.... simply slower.
I have fujita cai, no cat downpipe, and greddy evo exhaust besides the newly installed rbc and iMg.

i raced my friend's stock evo8 from 40 to 100mph and I kept up til like 95. (that was before the rbc and img)
tonight I raced a stock rx-8 and I barely pulled a car or so.

I know I'm comparing two different cars, but it just felt slower.
Any inputs? Am I just crazy?
Oh yeah.. I got this weird rattle/ticking kind of noise after installing the RBC and removing the engine cover.
let me know if there is something I should check for. (No leaks though)
Thanks in advance for your opinions.

-soul

·
Registered
198 Posts
Have you tuned it since fitting the RBC?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my mods are already listed..., but no kpro yet. Maybe in a month or so when I can afford it.

And it's freaking 4:30 eastern.. you guys are up?

edit.. nevermind...i see that you guys aren't in east coast...sorry.

-soul

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how are you keeping up with evo 8's with bolt ons?
i'm actually not sure. For some reason.., his car feels slower than normal evo8s.

Indeed he had a passenger and some stuff in the trunk, but still.
All our friends made fun of him after that race. So he finally got a turboback exhaust few days ago. I haven't raced him yet, but I will soon.

-soul

·
I Don't Even
9,180 Posts
how are you keeping up with evo 8's with bolt ons?
ive beaten a stock ev08 w/ just i/rh/e:bow:

as for the t/s, since you have an 02 i've heard you actually lose hp compared to us 05-06's cause of our cams

·
Banned
31,438 Posts
i'm actually not sure. For some reason.., his car feels slower than normal evo8s.

Indeed he had a passenger and some stuff in the trunk, but still.
All our friends made fun of him after that race. So he finally got a turboback exhaust few days ago. I haven't raced him yet, but I will soon.

-soul
now u will loose:bow:

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
RBC needs to be tuned with kpro

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
You need to get tuned, or at least get K-Pro and do some street tuning.

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
My buddy put it on his 05 and then retuned his calibration on K-pro and it just screams!

k-pro FTW

·
Registered
198 Posts
Your probably running pretty lean and may even be damaging your engine so I'd get that K Pro as soon as. At least get your AFR done.
You've probably pushed your ECU beyond it's limits with that list of mods so it's no wonder it's feeling slower to be honest.

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
Your compairing different cars and different drivers. How do you know what the rx8 had? Many ppl on here has put the rbc on without k pro and gained. Might not be much but its not a loss. You dont need kpro but will help for sure. If your an 02-04 your not gonna run dangerously lean maybe an 05-06 with i/rh/e might.

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,105 Posts
with the rbc you actually lose midrange power but with a tune you will gain a decent amount up top, my car feels slow as balls when vtec kicks in at 4300 but around 5500 rpms it starts pulling hard, get kpro asap

1 - 20 of 49 Posts