Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Vendor
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For most K series powered cars, the best bang-for-the-buck mod seems to be the 2006 Civic Si Intake manifold (aka RBC)

We've received a lot of requests to make a Karcepts throttle body adaptor to allow you to run the RBC manifold and your throttle body with a turbo application, without the need to use an additional throttle body spacer for boost ports.

Soo, we teamed up with karcepts and came out with exactly what people wanted, karcepts TB adaptor with boost ports. Ill post some pics later just wanted to let everyone know they are done

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pr...=1667&osCsid=0a0de52214322577d5e451a217603a48

pics here:

·
j/k LOL!
1,145 Posts
Nice, is the RBC manifold better for high end, low end, or everywhere compared to the stock 05-06 type-s manifold? Also would this be worth putting in on a greddy turbo'd car??

·
The Architect™
7,444 Posts
nice geoff

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
is there any dyno with turbo before the manifold and after the manifold??
i picked up about 45 whp at the same boost levels just by adding the rbc to my cybernation kit, went from 357 to 403 at 9 psi creeping to 12.

creep solved now, was caused by a vac leak and at 18 psi i made 502 easily

wish this product was out a month ago when i bought my rbc and karcepts adapter, i have 4 t-fittings right now that i need to clean up with a vacum block

good sounding product guys :thumbsup:

·
Formerly Trvotypes
7,220 Posts
ya wondering where the ports are

·
Vendor
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so i can have a vacuum block hooked up to this and run the rest of the lines to the vacuum block right
to be honest, if you use this you shouldnt really need a vacuum block! the idea is that one port goes to the BOV, the other port goes to the WG

Nice, is the RBC manifold better for high end, low end, or everywhere compared to the stock 05-06 type-s manifold? Also would this be worth putting in on a greddy turbo'd car??
RBC makes power almost everywhere, and a LOT of power at that! definatley would be worthwhile on a greddy car, really any K series looking to go quick this is the best bang-for-the-buck mod there is. Power gains just get bigger and bigger as the engine can brethe more and more air (bigger and bigger turbo)

Where are the boost ports? I didn't see them in the picture... and, not to jack the thread or anything, but do the vacuum lines for power brake and pcv go before your turbo? ::confused a bit::...
the boost ports are in the karcepts logo

the vacuum lines for the brake booster should not change, and the pcv should vent to a catch can (or the atmostphere with a breather filter) and not be hooked up to the intake manifold

1 - 20 of 175 Posts