Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the RCA Ball Joints from Hardrace will have clearance issues with the factory 02-04 Type S 16s? I don't want to install them and find out that the control arm will be rubbing the inside of my wheel. Anyone have this setup?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just bought those and will install this week so I'll let you know

·
Registered
29 Posts
I went home and put them on last night and there is tons of room. I have 17"s but there is more than 2.5" of room from the wheel to the threads of the ball joint and was a super easy install with a bench vise. I'm waiting on other parts so I can't drive it yet but will keep you posted

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went home and put them on last night and there is tons of room. I have 17"s but there is more than 2.5" of room from the wheel to the threads of the ball joint and was a super easy install with a bench vise. I'm waiting on other parts so I can't drive it yet but will keep you posted
Dude, you're awesome!! Let me know how it feels when you get a chance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
As you can see it's not much of a difference but it makes a difference
ill be getting these this weekend and installing them how does it make the car feel? did your alignment change at all?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just got it together but it's been raining like crazy and being boosted sucks when it's wet out. I'll let everyone know hopefully this weekend

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here's mine. They feel much better.
I didn't get those because I hear not having that retaining clip to hold it in that it will press it's self back out and the hardrace ones have a retaining clip. Keep me updated if it happens to you

·
Registered
35 Posts
Stock don't have retaining clips either. I guess that clip is piece of mind. I got the sponsor to hook me up with this set so for the price I'm willing to give em a shot. I'll keep the post updated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts