Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
It tastes like BURNING!!!
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... I'm a little nervous posting these pictures cuz I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed by hella peepz and they're gonna be like "u rice bitch" or some shit, and maybe only 1 other person will like it, but whatever. I'm posting them so that I can get feedback on them, and share my ride, so dem's da riskz I guess. :D Please post your opinions, positive or negative.

For some background, some may have seen the post where I took my silver Type-S cover and made it look like a base model by painting it black. (Not talkin shit about base models, my intent was actually to be unique, but that didn't work out since anyone with a base model was like, "nice mod jackass... :dontknow:") I'm planning on putting in some flourescent orange/yellow hoses on whatever I can in there, and this is just what I can do w/ $10, since I'm broke right now. So I re-did it, and here it is. Didn't come out 100% as I wanted it to, but definitely 90% or so.

So lemme know what you think:

Attachments

·
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From a different Angle...

Attachments

·
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Long exposure time, so fuzzy, but I like it:

Attachments

·
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And my favorite pic of all:

Attachments

·
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JByron: It was kinda meant to do that. (Make ppl smile) :wavey: So I'm glad it did.

Juicy: It was a pain in the ass. I could have gotten clsoer to 100% if I had spent more time on it. This took me 2 days, but that was mostly just waiting for a coat to dry, reapplying, waiting, etc... Masking parts off was the hardest part. That, and exercising patience. It wasn't really "hard" per se, just time consuming, and patience-testing. I like it tho, so it was worth it. :)

I'm just curious to see how it'll hold up to the heat... :nervous:

G

·
looks like something from austin powers. it's ok but i would never do it. the black light does make it look a bit better.

·
Retired
13,573 Posts
Originality points for sure.

Ugly? yeah. That design is cool, but bad choice of colours. Sorry :(

G

·
i like that..i cant say ive ever seen anything like that before. :thumbsup:

now i think im gonna paint my engine cover..a picture of a bald eagle...with a pair of acura keys in his beak.

G

·
lol..

im sorry.. i feel responsible for telling you that your black cover was on bases..

umm. look interestig.. lol

although i think it would look much better if you only had 1 grain.

like all the lines going in 1 direction instead of the 4..

well.. i give you mad props and repect for dare'n to try.. and expecially for posting..

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks like a clown engine. :eek:

I like the black light look. Your car will definately get heads turning at a car show. Very original. Not my choice of colors. I would have maybe went with a black and purple striping.

·
Tien ahh!!!
331 Posts
It's funky heh. At least if you get tired of it one day, you can replace that hood easy. Hey, it reminds me of candy corn! Should put some in the back cup holder. ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
That' s an original mod, and congrats for it! Looks funky!
Post some pics when you're done with the fluorescent hoses

1 - 20 of 71 Posts