Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used hondata flashed ECU with disabled immobilizer.
Is it possible for my Honda dealer to re enable the immobilizerfunktion on my hondataflashed ECU, without damaging the hondata flash?? or do I have to send the ECU to Hondata??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy I bought it from let Hondata disabled it.
So I have to send it to Hondata to get it fixed?? or is it impossible to fix it??

Look at this thread:
http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=28063&highlight=hondata

This is a PM from Civic Type R owners forum, it´s about the ECU in that thread:
To: Skogshuggarn
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:19 pm
Subject: Re: Hondata ECU
Hi mate
Doesnt effect the reflash at all. I paid £60 to Guy at CPL Racing to get my immobiliser re-enabled. To be honest its not a bad thing to have it disenabled because as soon as you recieve it you can put it straight in & your car will start where as before if it was enabled your car would not start. Hope this helps. Cheers

·
Registered
425 Posts
as I understand it the constants in your vehicle are the immobiliser transceiver code and key transponder signal

the original ecu in ur car has a code which matches these, therefore wen u change ur ecu uve got a prob as the new ecu has diffrent code from this

hondata wipe the ecu memory of the code so it can work in any vehicle without immob function

to enable immob function again u need to go to honda who program the ecu to read the correct codes from ur transceiver

on ur original ecu for a kpro conversion the 'memory' is not wiped but temp disabled only and picks up the the correct codes on enablement

having studied this for a while im of the opinion that hondata leave the recoding of new ecus to Honda for liability reasons- its not a technical limitation really as i believe their programming skills are ultimately superior to a Honda PGM

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alanb said:
hondata wipe the ecu memory of the code so it can work in any vehicle without immob function

to enable immob function again u need to go to honda who program the ecu to read the correct codes from ur transceiver

on ur original ecu for a kpro conversion the 'memory' is not wiped but temp disabled only and picks up the the correct codes on enablement
OK, so my Hondadealer can read the codes from my key/transiver and put back in the ECU? And as it is right now, when it´s just "plug and play" :) is that the codememory for immobilizerfunktion is erased?
Have I got it right...

But that would in the same time make the immob.funktion unnesessery on new cars since with the right nolige you can erase immob.codememory and :driving: with just a hard copy of starter key??

·
Registered
425 Posts
yes u have it right

ur new ecu to have immob functionality has to have the 'mmob' code from ur transceiver programmed in

u can operate the car without this function if u want

to bypass all this as u suggest if ur a thief by

1.reprogramming the ecu to ignore immob function as hondata do so it works in any car-not easy to do in situ so u'd need to bring along a replacement ecu with the 'memory erased'

2.getting around the alarm-there are 2 probs

a) its an independent circuit triggred by air movement etc-no time to substitute repalcement ecu

b)key?-will it match tHe transceiver in the ignition barrel?no! unless cloned

c)after 30 secs ur sunk as ignition will not occur unless u press the original key again to transmit signal to transceiver to 'allow' ecu to 'fire' the car

so not easy to steal! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...and there is no risk of my Honda dealer erases or in any other way destroys the Hondata flash when reprograming the immobilizer???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.